Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 11-03-2018, 10:26 PM

Default 219 Donaldson Wasp Load Data Needed

FINALLY got brass made and loaded 50 to fireform. Using 3031 and 55 grain V Max.

What is your favorite powder and bullet? Will be shooting in a 1-9 twist Contender. Any load info would be appreciated
Thanks
Doug
Old 11-04-2018, 11:09 AM

Zipper and Wasp data from Sierra and Hornady are basically the same for both. In my Zippers I use 28.0gr. of H4895 with either brand of 55gr. bullet.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:54 AM

Doug, Cool beans, I want one in WASP too, who made the barrel, rifle or pistol?
Old 11-05-2018, 01:23 AM

It is a pistol barrel. 14 Inch bull made by OTT. Have had it for a WHILE . First three shots
were about .5 but we were just shooting at 50 yards. Just had to shoot it once. May play some more tomorrow. This was Saturday and a couple of the Grandkids were over for our third annual Pumpkin annihilation. Unfortunately most of them could not make it. Soft ball tournament. I always buy a case of Tannerite and a few extra pumpkins. The Grandkids bring their Jack-O-Lanterns . They are 6-20 years old and they all love it. We stay a safe distance and I break out the 17AH Contender. It is Dum-Dum accurate at 100 yards. It is amazing how quiet the neighbors get after the first one. Started off with .5 pounds, just to get it going. Ended up with 4 ponds and a monster Pumpkin. It was indeed a a blast. The Grandkids (who am I kidding ME TOO) smile form ear to ear. As long as I am able and Tannerite is still available we WILL get even with the Great Pumpkin. LOL

Just a side note as I have read some negative reports on Tannerite including the huge fire out West. Tannerite in my experiences has generated no noticeable heat or flame. Tannerite like any thing else is only as safe as it's users. YOU MUST BE A SAFE DISTANCE. The fire out west was caused by a bon fire too close to the explosion. Tannerite DOES NOT BURN, If it did I would have NO WOODS LEFT.
Safe shooting (Especially at Tannerite)
Doug

Last edited by tred1956; 11-07-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:35 PM

As a federally licensed explosives manufacturer I can state without reservation that the statement "Tannerite generates no heat or flame." is not accurate. Tannerite is a binary explosive, which under current law is not regulated under current Federal explosives laws. The binary consists of ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder, that when mixed will chemically react and detonate when impacted by a projectile of sufficient energy. The oxidation(combustion) of the aluminum powder generates significant heat and combustion gases to create a pressure wave(boom).
Old 11-07-2018, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the info. I don't have any doubt you are correct. I was only referring to my experience. I have exploded SEVERAL pounds in the last few years and have never seen any sign of flame. As far as the heat goes I have never been able to detect heat at an explosion site, immediately following detonation.

Thank you very much for the education.
You have a great day
Doug