Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Big Game

Old 09-24-2015, 01:42 AM
Supporting Member

Wink Cousin's Canada buck

Hopefully this works.

My Wife's cousin, who is at 1 year dealing with stage 4 Cancer, finally got well enough to do last years deer and moose trip. He starts back home this Friday, but sent us this image of his buck.

Sorry for it being small and poor quality, it came in a text message and it took me 10 minutes just to get it downloaded so I could post it.

Norman has very long arms ( lol) he is 5'9" and about #220 on the hoof, as he says. Not much more to add, but we are headed to our mule deer hunt tomorrow and hopefully in a few weeks I'll post some of a smaller mule deer , but we did see one close to this size last year, in another zone. I am guessing 26-27", another buck they got was out of velvet. I wonder if this buck was stag or some other genetic defect, most rifle season racks I have seen in the velvet usually have deformed racks.

Wish me luck

Allen
Old 09-24-2015, 04:03 AM

Default Cousin's Canada Buck

Good for him, able to get out and come up with a good buck. And now it is your turn, good hunting Thanks for sharing. Bill K
Old 09-25-2015, 03:13 AM

This should be a "Name this buck contest" with that monster.

Brutus?

Lunker?

VERY heavy antlers.

Congrats!!
Old 10-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks, it is a nice score for him.

We met up after I finished my 1 week of local deer hunting/ camping, and got some meat from that buck. Norman stepped up his "treatments" and the Radiation hit him pretty hard, so I didn't tax him for hunt stories as I figured if he wanted to tell of his trip he would have. When the rest of our 'crew" of cousins meet, I am sure Norman will have stories to tell us as a group, and I have some funny stories of my trip to share ( if I can before the BIL's tell their version first, lol)

If my son and I score Monday I will share pictures and the stories of 2 days of our hunt. I'll leave a teaser, every time I had to squat on the mountain, someone else fired a shot!!!! LOL

Allen