Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 09-13-2018, 05:45 PM

I have maybe 30 left that were from Bullberry.
.172's

Purchased with my 17 ackley bee from bullberry. LONG ago

Let me know if you'd like them dug out
Old 09-14-2018, 03:27 AM

Default Hey thanks

Chigger,

Nope nope, just fine. I don't need any.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:08 AM

Reed, are these the ones that used to be advertised in Varmint Hunter 12-15 years ago? I think Bulberry made them? Are you selling that same bullet??

Thanks,

Jordan
Old 09-26-2018, 07:51 PM

I think they are.

Last edited by 17tbs; 09-26-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:55 PM

Default .172 Solids

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed1911 View Post
Just placed a order for some to try in a couple of my 17's. Going to need some good non-lead in a few months here in Commie Kalifornia, to help save the Condor's, yet still shoot other varmints/critters/game, you know. Stupid Game commission and state legislators. Bill K

Order came in, very nicely packed in small round container. Now to load some and see how they group. They are very nice looking, I must say.

Last edited by Bill K; 11-18-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:30 PM

Bill, these are probably not HP, correct? And you are in NCal? If you do not like them or would like a HP instead, I'll trade for some Lehigh Defense 18gr non lead HP.

If you are not popping a varmint then the Reed 24gr Solids are good for head shots on yotes as long as you are not keeping them for fur.

You will find that the 24gr solids will always exit on those Spring Peeps you frequently target.

Yes they are pretty bullets, I hope that they shoot for you as well as they do for me, near an inch with little fuss.

They do like a barrel that has some carbon fouling in it, they do not like bare cold steel rifling in my experience.

Last edited by 17tbs; 11-29-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_slayer View Post
alot of old threads dug up recently
I feel like an archaeologist.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17tbs View Post
Bill, these are probably not HP, correct? And you are in NCal? If you do not like them or would like a HP instead, I'll trade for some Lehigh Defense 18gr non lead HP.

If you are not popping a varmint then the Reed 24gr Solids are good for head shots on yotes as long as you are not keeping them for fur.

You will find that the 24gr solids will always exit on those Spring Peeps you frequently target.

Yes they are pretty bullets, I hope that they shoot for you as well as they do for me, near an inch with little fuss.

They do like a barrel that has some carbon fouling in it, they do not like bare cold steel rifling in my experience.
The 18 grain are listed as not lead free on Lehigh website.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:11 PM

Default 18gr

Take a look at them, they are machined brass. They are indeed listed as "No lead designs..." read it at the bottom of the description.

Reading comprehension check.

https://www.lehighdefense.com/produc...ant=1073845856

Controlled Chaos
The development of this technology was the result of an animal control agency's request for a no lead .243 bullet that would provide extensive wound trauma with little minimal pass through energy. Basically the idea was to burst the bullet into numerous particles at a predetermined depth creating many wounds and a large temporary cavity with shot placement at or near the central nervous system. The agency had tried copper matrix frangible rounds and found the penetration depth and particle size were less than what was require for proper terminal performance.

Many wound channels resulting in extensive damage
CNC machined from solid copper or brass, not formed or swaged
Exceptional accuracy from the advanced manufacturing process
A separate base for penetration along the original trajectory
No lead designs for agencies requiring green projectiles
More Info...
Old 01-05-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17tbs View Post
Take a look at them, they are machined brass. They are indeed listed as "No lead designs..." read it at the bottom of the description.

Reading comprehension check.

https://www.lehighdefense.com/produc...ant=1073845856

Controlled Chaos
The development of this technology was the result of an animal control agency's request for a no lead .243 bullet that would provide extensive wound trauma with little minimal pass through energy. Basically the idea was to burst the bullet into numerous particles at a predetermined depth creating many wounds and a large temporary cavity with shot placement at or near the central nervous system. The agency had tried copper matrix frangible rounds and found the penetration depth and particle size were less than what was require for proper terminal performance.

Many wound channels resulting in extensive damage
CNC machined from solid copper or brass, not formed or swaged
Exceptional accuracy from the advanced manufacturing process
A separate base for penetration along the original trajectory
No lead designs for agencies requiring green projectiles
More Info...
Click your link scroll to the right and look around until you find the sku. Look down from there to where it reads "lead free" and look to the left
of that and it reads "no" that's the description of those bullets the 18 grain ones and not a general description of the brand.

Now what would a game warden use to determine if those 18 grain bullets are lead free of not?

Now go to the 20 grain bullets and do the same search there and you'll see that those are lead free.

I'm not here rfigh over this but to point out it says "not lead free"

Last edited by jtv3062; 01-05-2019 at 04:18 AM.