Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-19-2019, 02:05 PM

Default .17 Reed Bee

Any one have any info on this cartridge? Could really use a reamer print if any one has one. Thanks, dedogs
Old 07-19-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedogs View Post
Any one have any info on this cartridge? Could really use a reamer print if any one has one. Thanks, dedogs
Never heard of this one. Have heard of the .17 reed express (based off the 7.62x25 tokarev) and the 17. Bee based off the .218 bee (which is a 32-20 parent case)

Maybe Reed did a rimmed variant of the .17 RE? if they did that would be very close to a .17 Jet (aka .17 super jet) which is pattered off the 22 Jet or also 38 special brass. the .17 RE is a slightly shorter case @ ~.980" (which brings you into .17 shrew territory) vs the ~1.28" of the .17 jet.

Last edited by squirrel_slayer; 07-19-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:06 AM

S. S. Thank you for the reply. I have in my possession a set of form dies from RCBS that are marked 17 Reed Bee (and so says the box they came in). I am curious about this cartridge to the extent that I would like to chamber a Martini that I own in this wildcat. I need to locate a reamer print. Maybe I can get some info from RCBS. I will try that. dedogs
Old 07-20-2019, 01:03 PM
Supporting Member

This is a picture of the 17 Reed express on the left with a 22 Reed express on the right. I'm not sure but I don't think it would lend itself well to a Martini type action since it is rimless. The 17 Reed Bee has to be a different cartridge and Ron Reed is a member here so maybe he will see this and answer you or you could contact him. His e-mail contact info is; INFO@REEDSAMMO.COM

Last edited by 22_boomer; 07-20-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedogs View Post
S. S. Thank you for the reply. I have in my possession a set of form dies from RCBS that are marked 17 Reed Bee (and so says the box they came in). I am curious about this cartridge to the extent that I would like to chamber a Martini that I own in this wildcat. I need to locate a reamer print. Maybe I can get some info from RCBS. I will try that. dedogs
interesting.... Mic the mouth of the die and if its .370-.380 cram in a 38 spl case and see what comes out . You should be able to get a rough idea of what your working with from a formed case.