Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 10-31-2019, 02:56 PM
Supporting Member

Default Off Topic but man those Nationals were playing some ball!

They tore up the patch huh? Not much on baseball but I got into this one, at -12 outsidethere's not much else to do.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:14 PM

And too think all reports were the Astros could not loose. Bill K
Old 10-31-2019, 09:22 PM

Default World Series

I haven’t been much of a baseball fan since the strike a few decades back but the series was refreshing. I sure hope that all who watched took notice of EVERYONE standing respectfully during the playing of the national anthem. No one felt the need to protest anything!

That made it worth watching.

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member
Old 10-31-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
at -12 outsidethere's not much else to do.
I'd rather stare at a wall than watch sports.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:24 PM

Probably why you have such a sunny disposition on the boards....
Old 10-31-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in Illinois View Post
I haven’t been much of a baseball fan since the strike a few decades back but the series was refreshing. I sure hope that all who watched took notice of EVERYONE standing respectfully during the playing of the national anthem. No one felt the need to protest anything!

It was very different than how all the others are showing disrespect now days. I, and I hope many, have not watched a NFL since Kaepernick did his ignorant protest, over what he calls equality. And did not watch much basketball, but sure will not now with what LeBron pulled the other night. They are all so spoiled and like little kids protesting over things they don't even try to change or help with. Bill K
Old 11-01-2019, 02:04 PM
Supporting Member

This World Series was kind of a coin toss for me…………..

On one hand I have been an Asto fan since the 1970’s when an old college friend played for them. Now after living in the Houston area for 30 years, being an Astro fan has become second nature. This group of exceptional young men have collectively worked hard for the success that they have had the past few years.

On the flip side, the Nats have a young man from the Houston inner city playing for them who ended up with a WS ring. If you knew him you would find him to be humble and quiet and a very fine Christian person. If the Astros had won the Series, I personally would have felt bad for him as the Nats are a far older team roster-wise than the Astros, and their chances of getting back probably aren't as great as the Astro chances. Hence, whoever the winner turned out to be was a win-win for me. Still, free agency will be kind to the young man if he moves on from the Nats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in Illinois View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
It was very different than how all the others are showing disrespect now days. Bill K
The only downside I saw to the Series, if there was one, was the Nats fans in DC for the three games played there. If you were in Astro attire, you caught quite a few serious cat calls and some outright derision, which you don’t often see in another MLB park for a baseball game of any type. In addition, the true nature of many of the Nat fans was on full display when President Trump was announced as being in attendance at the game on Sunday. Loud booing, whistling, and some outright vulgar name calling was their major effort at that time, and they showed major disrespect for both the office and for the man. That was the first time I've seen that happen at a professional baseball game, and this was not the first professional game that I have attended where Dignitaries were present. I have seen major silence at times like those but never major in-your-face disrespect. Maybe it was just a sign of the times....

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 11-01-2019 at 03:13 PM. Reason: material/thoughts added...........
Old 11-01-2019, 04:00 PM

BCB: The world and a majority of folks now days sure have lost all sense of decency and respect for fellow man. The old saying/teaching that parents used to pass on too their children is lost now days. " Do unto others as you would want done too you". It is very sad, but seems like the way they live now days and the politicians are some of the worse. Bill K