Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-06-2019, 11:14 AM

Default Bullberry retirement...

They are still taking orders till Friday.I kinda thought the kids would keep this going....but no.
Fred and company made some really nice stuff,always enjoyed their products over the years.At least we have a chance to get an order in unlike the tragic event that happened to PAC NOR.Two small caliber supporters that we were lucky enough to have had the blessing of in our life time now gone.
Matt
P.S.Just read on another site that Troy,Fred’s right hand man may try and continue on in some manner.Need to call and get the skinny on this.

Last edited by 17VLD; 11-06-2019 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:22 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks Matt!!!

I read your title and thought I knew that a long time ago talking with Fred both before and after retirement so I almost didn’t open up this thread.

Glad I did, both Fred and September told me the the kids would continue with the same gun smith. So I didn’t place an order yet. One of the main reasons I want Fred to make me another 17 Jet is because I have a bunch of fireformed brass and his neck is longer which I really like and take advantage of. And the first is now a 17WS

So I called and talked to Fred’s wife and placed an order. My wife might pay you a visit lol

Fred’s wife is suppose to call me back if she can scrounge up a fl size die otherwise I’ll either call Redding or send some fired cases off someplace to have one made... might get a 17 WS die while I’m at it.

Just what I need while I’m off work getting my knees replaced lol

Thanks Matt!
Old 11-07-2019, 10:37 AM

Default 17ws

Gary glad I was able to help you get the order in time.Sorry if you got in hot water with the wife
My 15” 17AH from Fred is a treasure,it shoots better than a lot of rifles.Fine folks for sure,I wish them well and a great retirement.
Matt
Old 11-07-2019, 12:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

fred wasn't a kid when I was in his shop 20 years ago. i'm surprised his daughter Tuesday didn't take over.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:09 PM
Supporting Member

How many daughters did Fred have Bob? Only one I ever know was September and I always called her April lol Maybe Tuesday met Leonard and now Tuuuuuesday’s gone with the wind~

I wouldn’t have guessed you being older than Fred!
Old 11-07-2019, 04:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

you're right it was September. Nancy lopes the golfer's fathers name was Tuesday, no resemblance. lol
Old 11-08-2019, 12:55 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Gary:

Sure hope you have better luck with the knee's than I have!

Over a year now and still crippled, now the hip joint is paining too.

Doc said yesterday: bone scan and blood test. Didn't say what he's

seeing.

Spooky these carving classes! Best wishes.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 11-08-2019, 02:27 AM

I'm wishing all the folks at Bullberry the best. Over the years Fred has really been good to me, my oldest barrel is a 20" 1-9 17 Rem from the garage in Las Vegas. When I ordered my 17 AH Fred asked me what bullet I intend to shoot. When I told him he said he would hand throat it for that bullet, boy he hit it on the nose. I've got 6 of his barrels, three rifle stock sets and assorted forends along with other odds & ends. That should hold me for as long as I'll be pulling the trigger. JD retired, Fred retiring and we're all getting old way to fast.

Matt I hope I get to see and shoot with you at least once more before I get to old.

Jon
Old 11-08-2019, 09:35 AM
Supporting Member

George, I don’t know how I could get much worse LOL. It’s been a tough year for me also hobbling around. First the insurance companies did not want to believe my knees was like a 85 to 90-year-old man. They finally let us go in and scope them both m up a little bit and removed Pieces of my meniscus that got all shredded up from my tough bones. It took the edge off. Can’t sit too long, can’t stand too long, tough walking downstairs I can’t knee or if I get on the floor I have a hell of a time trying to get back up. Been doing a lot of injections to get me through my son‘s wedding. Next week we’re going back to burn nerves in my neck and the 27th i’m going in to get both knees robotically replaced. Hoping to do just the inner part of the knee on both knees but will be prepared to replace the entire knee. After scoping both knees at the same time, I said I never do that again… But here are you up, I just didn’t want to have two six week recoveries
Old 11-08-2019, 01:28 PM

GWWenzl, I have done both of my knees, but never at the same time. The last one was only a partial (inside) was a lot easier recovery than the total knee removal. I was home the next day after the surgery. Hope yours goes well.