Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 05-07-2009, 10:00 PM

Hello Bughole, I have followed you and your progress since your first post. I was impressed how many of your bullets you gave away, although it could be very good marketing?

I’m was quite staggered how much it has cost you to setup, although looking closely at the photos you have provided it’s not too hard to see where a lot of dollars have gone.

To date your progress has been quite amazing and I don’t doubt that with your attitude, you product would be second to none.

John
Old 05-08-2009, 12:41 AM

Thanks a lot John! Yep, quality isn't usually cheap, but is usually worth the extra bucks you pay for it and it lasts longer. I am an Extra Class ham radio operator and believe me when I say every aspect of my radio station is well over-rated to handle the power and do very well and last forever. I'm in Indiana. When I point my antenna towards New South Wales and say, "Hello Down Under!", trust me, they do take notice! I'm trying to make my bullets like that as well. Probably why my shop is completely redundant and my bullets get to the customer in the way that they do and shoot like they do. Not saying the master's out there don't make good bullets, because they sure do, but I know how much I do to make mine and just hope after I get them introduced to all the National matches this year that they will be the bullet of choice by next year or the one after. Only been making them six months now, and am getting repeat business from several shooters. Thanks again John.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:40 PM

Top Cabin.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Supporting Member

a few words on export tread lightly without an export lic. and a sec of state lic. I would not recommend this also the ffl. your in kind of a real bad area. not trying to start anything, just a word of caution. also I know from expierence they only allow 1k jackets per year for export to aus. per customer the state dept. had a rule change this jan. now none are allowed out.

Last edited by george ulrich; 05-05-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:53 PM

Bughole
Your's is an older Thread that I pulled up. Was interested in how your bullet making business is going. How many types of bullets you making now.

Stephen Perry
Old 05-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Supporting Member

Just ordered a couple boxes of bullets to try them out.

Good Luck with your new business!

CZ 527 Magazine Modification

www.rvbprecision.com
Old 11-08-2014, 10:36 AM

Default Precision Ballistics LLC is still alive and well!

It's almost 0330 and I just finished an order and before hitting the rack thought I 'd sign in here as it has been a very long time since I did. Things are going very well and I can report that I am busy building 6mm bullets in 62gr, 64gr, 66gr, 66gr, 68gr, 70gr, 74gr, 80gr, 85gr, 88gr, 90gr, 95gr, 100gr, 103gr, 105gr, 108gr, 113gr and 115gr, and 6.5mm bullets in 110gr, 115gr, 123gr, 130gr, 136gr, 139gr, and 142gr. On my 6mm pills I make them with flat base, short boat tail and long boat tail. On my 6.5mm pills I make them with a long boat tail or flat base. On my 6mm bullets I can use a tangent 6/secant 9 dual radius ogive, a single radius 8 ogive or a single radius 10 ogive. On my 6.5s I use a tangent 15 ogive. I continually receive very good comments from my customers and my pills are winning some very well known matches. It seems my bullets are the best kept secret out there and my customers who win or place very high tend to put 'self' in the equipment list so they keep their 'edge'. I don't care since I know my pills are doing great out there. My biggest challenge has been getting J4s like everyone else so there are some sizes I temporarily can't build. Feel free to call or email me anytime for your 6mm and 6.5mm bullet needs!
Old 11-08-2014, 02:09 PM

Been using Don's bullets in my 6BR from almost day one. I've tried quite a few others and his are the most accurate in my 1-14 Lilja custom.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Supporting Member

I continually receive very good comments from my customers and my pills are winning some very well known matches. It seems my bullets are the best kept secret out there and my customers who win or place very high tend to put 'self' in the equipment list so they keep their 'edge'. I don't care since I know my pills are doing great out there.

May I ask what well known matches that are being won, not to be a nay sayer but I've been shooting br for 32 yrs and pretty well know most shooters and have never seen nor heard of anyone shooting your bullets in matches. and as for the "self" comment I guess the 100 or so dies I make yearly and do know the people, I guess they bought them to throw everybody off track. I do remember when you were giving samples at the super shoot. But if your talking about either l.r. or s.r. benchrest REGISTERED matches I'm not buying it. I am not saying you do not make good bullets but statements like you have made should be able to be backed up. If you want my resume on wins or records or or nationals won with dies or bullets I have made I am more than willing to provide you with info..
Old 11-12-2014, 12:10 AM

Smile Matches

George...

I prefer not to get into a pissing match with you nor anyone else. I know of your expertise and always appreciate your words. I am not going to blow my own horn as to who is winning what with my bullets, as I feel that job is better done by my customers, and if they choose not to disclose information, I don't feel right in making claims for them. There is really no need for me to do that anyway. I know my bullets have been used at a variety of MBRSA and IBS matches, the Super Shoot, Camp Perry and Williamsport, as well as the World Federation. Whomever have placed high with them is their business and I respect that, as I do you.