Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2019, 09:16 PM

Default Needing a Tight-Neck .221 FB Reamer and Wildcat Info

Hi all,
Before I spend the money on replacing my apparently lost tight-neck .221 Fireball finishing reamer, I thought I would reach out to the brethren here. Anyone have such a reamer I could rent for a few weeks? I promise to cut only one chamber with it and dance at your next wedding .

And, as long as I'm looking at reamers, if I do end up purchasing another new reamer, I was actually thinking of a .221 Fireball with a longer neck, perhaps similar to the neck length on the .222, with the shoulder pushed back to reduce powder capacity to something a bit closer to .218 Bee size but maintaining the same overall .221 FB case length. I decided to forego the bolt face and magazine alterations that turning my little 1960-era L-46 into a .218 Bee would entail, so I am wanting to retain the rim and body diameter and body taper of the parent .222 case. For feeding simplicity, I don't feel comfortable going as small as the .22 TCM, however, so something between the .221 FB and the .218 Bee. Anyone have any experience with such a wildcat?

Thanks in advance.

TBR

Last edited by Teddy Bear Rat; 04-20-2020 at 02:55 PM.