Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-12-2019, 05:20 PM

Default Dick's at it again

Now I read where Dick's Sporting Goods is going to stop selling guns, ammo and related equipment and even one shoe line to show further support for gun control and gun crime.
They just never learn that guns and equipment are not the problem, it is the criminal.
But that is okay, as this will just deepen the hole Dick's is digging to go bankrupt, they are already losing profits since they stop the AR sales and raising buying limit to 21.
Keep the ban going and let them go under.. by not buying items at a Dick's Sporting Goods. Bill K
Old 03-12-2019, 05:31 PM

I never liked that place anyways. I drive right on by while going to any other sporting goods store. Randy.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:31 PM

The owners are anti-gun so this comes as no surprise. Their gun sales were down dramatically after their black gun sales ban. I think most of their hunting and shooting customers have abandoned them anyway.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:35 PM

I think they are just saying that to save face, being as none of us are buying anything in that store anymore the departments we all mostly shop in are no longer profitable and the accountants are telling them to shut it down.

They will never admit they crossed their customers and are paying for it.

Keep voting with your wallets, its working. Its tough enough in retail these days let alone a retail that poops on its customers rights.

John.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:35 PM

Default dicks

I bought a big gun safe from them years ago when they first popped up in the area. I never did buy much from them and when they started pulling stuff a while back about gun control I made it a point to never step foot in the store again.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:45 PM

I guess Dick's has always been dead to me, even before the political correctness emerged. I have never found anything in that store I wanted. I almost always shop on-line now for shooting-related items, unless I'm in a hurry. Then, the order would be:
1) Academy, since it's close
2) Cabelas, since it has a better selection of reloading and other items
3) Bass Pro Shop..almost never, and
99) Dick's, that would be 33 times less likely than Bass Pro Shop

TBR
Old 03-12-2019, 09:41 PM

Default What is in a name?

It is called DICK'S for a reason guys.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:46 PM

Well, Teddy Bear rat...

Bass Pro Shops was bought by Cabela's last year. They're one and the same now, just different names over the door.

There's a lot of Bass Pro and Uncle Buck's gear in my local Cabela's, which is good-the closest Bass Pro is an 2 hour drive north, or an hour drive south.

And Cabela's carries powder here, albeit a limited selection.

Personally, for reloading stuff I go to my local gun shop first, Gale's, then Graf & Sons, Then Cabelas...but for good quality shirts I've been a Cabela's fan for a while. Too bad their pants aren't sewn so good, I've had the pocket seams bust out of them too many times, even though I like the way they fit. Cant' say the gun shop does better on pants though...
Old 03-13-2019, 01:28 AM

Default Dicks

I knew the manager of the gun department in one of their Minneapolis stores. That was 15 plus years ago. Bought several guns, some ammo and archery stuff there. My friend quit and went to a real gun store.
Dicks banned ARs and I have not been in their stores since and never will again.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

Headline, Bass Pro completes $4 billion acquisition of Cabela's. I liked cabela's but put basspro in with dicks but smarter not to alienate us. guns have very low profit margin and most sporting goods stores would eliminate them if they could.
the good margins are in the clothing, as much as 300%, which would you rather sell?