Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2016, 04:32 PM
Supporting Member

Charlie, Ray and John,

Thank you for organizing and running the event. The food was great, the camaraderie was excellent and many of the shooting targets were literally a blast to shoot from 9:30 to after 4:00!

As always, it was a pleasure meeting and interacting with the forum members in person while placing a face to their username.

“Stan from Pa” was the man to beat in the section I shot from with his 204 Ruger… simply exceptional shooting!!

I was shooting a 22 Waldog with a 35° shoulder.

Thanks again, and I’m already looking forward to next year’s event!!

Don Krieble
Old 07-31-2016, 11:24 PM
Supporting Member

Charlie, Ray, John, and Sue. Thanks for your time and effort to make sure that everyone can and does have a great time. Even though it may have been a little damp at times (making Ray and those helping to sit in his truck for awhile to keep from drowning ) it still can't be beat for the company and food. Thank you!!!! Hope all the bad weather passed by you guys, we caught a little on the way home, not too bad. We had 2 20 vt, 1 22 hornet, 1 17 hornady hornet. Thanks again, Tom and Ron. P.S. Hope it didn't cost Eddie too much for dinner. PSS Charlie, that stock is mine. If you can get $90 for it, put it in the kitty for next years shoot. Fits a short action rem. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:11 AM

My nephew Nathan and I really enjoyed it again this year. Hopefully he will have his new CZ 527 Varmint in 204 ruger scoped, up & running for next year! We were shooting my CZ 527 American 22 hornet & Savage Model 10 Predator Hunter Max 1 in 22-250 for most of the time with handloads, as we also *tried* to get some new factory hornady v-max stuff going in his 22mag on the side.

Sue, those baked beans were AMAZING!!! Those coupled with that pulled pork, well... I hadn't planned to stay - was supposed to be heading to a "pool party" that evening, but with the rain pinning me down under the pavilion there, I just couldn't help myself. I even had seconds. And then cake too! Thank-you to you, to Charlie, Ray, and John who let me borrow one of his very great rests also. That was a huge help I'm sure by the time we got out to eggs @ 300yds.

Great group of guys - great range setup - and not a bad day at all even w/rain. Thanks very much.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Supporting Member

I hope to make it again one day Its a great time.

ML
Old 08-02-2016, 03:48 AM
Supporting Member

Default Saubier Shoot

Ray, Charlie,& John,
Thanks for the great time again, we really enjoyed the day. I had good intentions of leaving at 3:00, but lost my will power when we still needed to break those eggs at 300 yards, and then for sure when all that food was put out.

Charlie,
I will need to check on the glasses and coffee thermos, that may be Daniel's. We were shooting a 17HMR, 3 204's, 20 PPC, and a 20 BR.

Don,
I appreciate the kind words, I really don't feel that I shot any better than Mr. Kreibles who I was shooting next to . Thanks for the pointers on reading the wind, after your help I really started to realize how much that was effecting bullet flight.

After reading about previous Saubier prairie dog shoots, I think it would be a great thing to do again. I'm sure it would be tough to make it work with everyone's schedule, but it would be much fun to spend a few days with guys who we learn to know through this website. Doug loves to show us that beautiful Montana country by pictures hint hint Doug

Appreciate all you guys on this website, kind of baffles my mind when I think of how far we're spread apart, but we share some of the same opinions on some of the issues closest to our hearts.
Thanks,
Stan
Old 08-03-2016, 12:12 AM

If Stevo was going, I would have been there with my 204! Looks like a good time minus the rain!
Nice to see a lefty there too!