Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 01-14-2020, 08:10 PM

Default Wanted - 223 hunter/predator synthetic

I'm looking for a 223 in a synthetic stock.

My preferred needle in a haystack find would be a custom build with a top notch bedding job or a Dakota or a Cooper. And if it doesn't shoot all that great, even better. I'll have a quality smith throw me a bbl on it and have it chambered for 223AI.

What I currently have are nice wood rifles dedicated to field hunting (crows) and targets.

I've come across some people that need some coyotes exterminated at ranges under 300 yards and a few of these places require a little hike thru the woods and heavy brush to get to.

I've turned down too many opportunities for coyote and fox hunting due to the rifles I have. I'm ready to have a nice light to medium weight hunter with a stock I'm not worried about brushing up against a fence while going from one stand to another.

Really any 223 based cartridge would be fine, just to keep from limiting my search opportunities.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:22 AM

Sent a PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:25 AM

Head over to GunBroker and take a look around. There are a few Cooper Model 21's with Synthetic Stocks for under $1600 chambered in .223. Also there is a Model 51(repeater) in 300BLK. It's only $1399 and you could send it back to Cooper to have it barreled however you'd like and it would only cost ya $500. If you are coyote and fox hunting I would want a repeater for quicker follow up shots and go the route of the Model 51. Good Luck!
Old 01-15-2020, 03:03 AM

How about a beechwood CZ527? Not plastic, but it would be a stock that you wouldn't fee bad about earning some field heritage scuffs and dings.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:07 PM

Are you hung up on a name or do you just want an accurate rifle? I have read and watched a ton of positive reviews on the TC Compass. I don't own one, but sure as heck thinking about it, as if I have any need for one. I also really like the looks of the Ruger ranch rifle that uses AR mags.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorepower View Post
Are you hung up on a name or do you just want an accurate rifle? I have read and watched a ton of positive reviews on the TC Compass. I don't own one, but sure as heck thinking about it, as if I have any need for one. I also really like the looks of the Ruger ranch rifle that uses AR mags.
I would say I’m hung up on a name solely based on experience.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:08 PM

Why not a quality AR with a good aftermarket trigger?
Old 01-15-2020, 10:04 PM

I have this one for sale

http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36227