I like that attitude!

Fully agree

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 02-16-2021, 03:56 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzSam View Post
Having been raised in W Colo it sickens me to see what is happening there. My wife and purchased a couple of acres in Dubois, WY some 15 years ago to build on when we retired, then my employer closed their N.American office. which tossed a wrench into the works. Several years ago ee opted to sell it and just buy outright when the time came.

The first time we were in Dubois, we were walking down the street after dinner and was looking out of curiosity at the pics in window of one of realtors. An agent came to chat with us and told us the story of a man from somewhere back east that came through the year before and was talking (blah blah blah) with/to the owner. The owner informed him that in general WY is very conservative, we hunt, fish, go to church on Sunday, drive around with rifles in the back window of our trucks, and dogs and kids in the truck beds. If you want move here, and assimilate into our communities, and embrace our culture and lifestyle, you are more than welcome to come here....

But.. if you are going come here and try to change things to what they are where you come from, the road goes east, and road goes west. You'd best get in your car and pick a direction.

We have found those feelings are still pretty well rooted in many parts of WY. On the south side of Cody on Hwy 120, there is a billboard "Don't California Cody".

I am not so naive to not realize that some liberals will want to try an call it home. Unlike S. Arizona and now Colo, I don't have to, and will not be all nicey, nicey about it. However I will invite them to stand guard over my deer/elk carcass when I go hunting up in mountains WSW of Meeteetse (our new home), and try to fend off anything that wants it until I get it completely packed out.

That sounds like my father-in-law when he was still alive. Born and died in Wyoming.......

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 02-16-2021, 08:31 PM

We like that way of thinking here in Wyoming!

Old 02-19-2021, 01:18 AM

We live in Dayton, just over the Big Horn Mountains East of Cody. We moved here over a years and a half ago. I was born in Wyoming in '48 but my folks left in '54 headed west. It has taken me a while to make the circle home. We have found the people to be grand for the most part, haven't met everyone yet. We enjoy the mountains, foot hills and the plains. I think everyone needs to be on their toes to keep our freedoms free from those that want to take them. Wyoming is a great place to be if you think so and are willing to fight for the same.

Quote by THOMAS JEFFERSON
Old 02-20-2021, 03:55 AM

I live south of Cody a few miles.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:52 PM

Hey Drifter, maybe we should meet up some time for coffee and discussion. I'd drive over the hill for that for that, if we plan it.

Last edited by Eagle_view; 02-23-2021 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Did not read it right. Gasve wrong answer.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:30 PM
Supporting Member

Likewise, we will up there late May.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_view View Post
Hey Drifter, maybe we should meet up some time for coffee and discussion. I'd drive over the hill for that for that, if we plan it.
Hi Eagle View. Appoligies for taking so long to respond.
Yes I'd like that. I live 12 miles outside of a small town called Meeteetse, Indian word for Meeting Place.
I dont have much for service, so a txt works the best. 250-1868.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:47 PM

Default Common friend

Hey WyoBull, that billboard is probably from our mutual friend...good luck with the move AzSam. I hate moving, but I would if I didn't already live here..
Old 03-08-2021, 11:05 PM

Drifter,
Meeteetse was our pick until older son said they would settle around Sheridan. Dayton was our choice east of the Big Horns. We made it here by down sizing a whole lot. Still down sizing, I hauled way too much stuff from WA.