Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Supporting Member

Default Rant on selling a gun

I'm sorry, but I have to rant right now. I had my 204 Cooper model 21 for sale and I was selling it at what I think was good low price. I had a guy email me and asked if I had the receipt to the gun from when I bought it back in 2010. After going through my folder for this gun, I did, so I sent him a pic of it. I paid 1,461.00. I was selling it for 1450.00 with the following included.
Mike Lucas bore guide 65.00
Hard case brand new 75.00
Talley 30mm rings 120.00

The MSRP on the gun today is 2259.00 on Cooper Website.

The guy was all upset because I was asking almost what I paid for six years ago. That's like me complaining to guy for trying to sell me a Sako Vixen from 1957 for over a thousand dollars, because I know he didn't pay that for it in 1957.

The nerve of people.

Ok, I'm better now, Thanks

By the way I sold the gun to someone who actually did their research and knew what I was selling was a good deal.

Harmon.

Last edited by Harmon; 03-12-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Supporting Member

Liberals and entitlement.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Supporting Member

You are obviously a lot nicer and more tolerant person than I am . On the request as to what I paid for it originally I'm the kinda crotchety ole fart that woulda explained that what I paid for it is irrelevant, the price is $1,450.00.
Try and buy a 59 year old 1957 Chevy in original condition for what it sold for new . Some peoples kids .
Old 03-12-2016, 11:02 PM

Default Cooper

tell him to take a flying leap, I also have been selling a few guns lately, most people that are serious will just buy because they already know your gun is priced fairly

If I didn't already have a Tac 20 your gun would be sold

Ignore the idiots, God knows there are plenty of them out there
Old 03-12-2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
most people that are serious will just buy because they already know your gun is priced fairly
Not really, most have no idea of the guns value or just have to much money in there pocket to spend..
A used gun is just that "USED" and should be priced accordingly, and regardless of age or make, factory or custom job.. Rant over.. LOL
Old 03-12-2016, 11:25 PM

Default Cooper

I didn't word that properly, most people that are looking at a used Cooper Model 21 204 Ruger in the Phoenix model know what they are and most likely know what one costs.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Supporting Member

I agree that it's used and should be priced accordingly. I see brand new Cooper m21 on, Gun Broker, Guns America, Armlist, and gun shops selling lately between 1,800- 2,200.The MSRP is 2259.00. So 1450.00 was a fair price, it had only been shot 20 times by me over the last 6 years since new. So yes used, like new. I bought several Sako Vixens in 222 and 17rem, although used they are in mint condition, so they will go for more money than one that's beat up and shot out.

I guess, all I'm saying is that used is a relative term, meaning it really depends on the gun and what has been done to it.

I did the research on what a Cooper M21 Phoenix used in great shape are going for and went with that, it had nothing to do with what I paid for it.

I was brought up to take care of your rifle/ handgun and to remember that a gun is an investment. But that's just me. I guess that's why I don't buy ugly guns no matter how good they shoot ( savage).
Old 03-12-2016, 11:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

just imagine if the guy got hold of your wife, he would probably want you to sell it to him for what you told her you paid for it.

has anyone looked at the price of Remington titanium's lately ? not that long ago they were 600.00 and now they want 2600-3000.00 for them.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Supporting Member

Default paid

What you paid for something has no basis on what you sell it for and frankly is no one's business. If someone ever asked me that my resonse would be "Why?", and then wait for his response. The Sako analogy is a good one.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:49 PM

Default Superposed

Anyone want to buy a Grade 3 for 1950's pricing? I can dig it out of the safe, I have a Browning historian letter to prove what it cost new!!