Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2020, 10:44 PM

Default 22 Squirrel-Need Info

I'm picking up a Cooper Model 38 later this week chambered in 22 Squirrel. I am really really excited about it. The rifle was the fathers of the guy I'm buying it from. His dad had 2 chambered in 22 Squirrel and one in 17 Squirrel. He claims his dad had a ton of brass, loaded ammo, and dies for everything. He spent 2 hours yesterday digging through stuff and never found the 22 Squirrel brass or dies. So.....I'm most likely gonna need to buy a set of dies for it unless they mysteriously appear. Where can I order them from??? Is one brand better then another? I talked to Todd Kindler last year at Woodchuck Den(which is within driving distance of me) and I may give him a call this week to see if he has anything on the shelf. Any help would be much appreciated. And if you own one, I'd love for you to share some load data. I was really hoping this guy would find the loaded ammo and it would say what he was loading for them. Fingers crossed this stuff turns up but I won't hold my breath. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:03 PM

Here were some links given to me:

https://www.slideshare.net/enganche1...-scn-fall-2007

https://www.slideshare.net/enganche1...&from_search=3
Old 03-08-2020, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 218bee View Post
Great links, I had seen the Todd Kindler one before. But never saw the other one. Great information. But neither articles stated where you could buy dies. It's going to drive me absolutely crazy having this rifle and having to wait on a set of dies.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:48 AM

John Whidden just made me a set of dies for my 22 Squirrel. I’m sure he can make another set based on the specs he has on my dies.

I have a form die, a bushing die and a comp seater die. Not cheap, but excellent dies!