Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 09-02-2017, 01:20 AM

Default .20 Cal 45gr Hornady

Hey guys. Ideally I am looking for 20 Tac loads to use with the above bullet. .204 Ruger loads could be utilized as well with 2-3 reduction. My rifle is a second hand M21 Cooper which appeared to have been well cared for and appreciated. It came with loading dies and 35gr Berger load data. I have been attempting to concoct a Blacktail load load for this rifle consisting of either a 40gr Nosler BT or next the 45gr Horn. The progress has been severely impeded by break downs. I own 5 Cooper rifles all together and have otherwise had stellar reliability from these guns. Not this particular Model 51 though. I have had to send it to Stevensville 4 times since January. One for magazine failure, one for ejection failure, once because the firing pine broke and now, partly my fault, because the firing assembly won't stay cocked on the trigger. I have always wanted to get a M51 Jackson Game rifle in 6x47 but now I'm concerned.

Regardless of all that crap, and I apologize to any Cooper employees that may be on here, I want to continue the load development when my gun returns. Actually any loads containing either bullet will be appreciated.

Tim
Old 09-05-2017, 08:05 AM

Appreciate you want to try the Berger but I would suggest that you also try the Sierra 39gr Blitzking, one hell of a bullet downrange. I have taken foxes just short of 300 yards with no issues at all. 75 yard magpies are in several parts usually.

A