Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2017, 04:58 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Shucks, I read yesterday one of the anti bunch
claimed guns kill more than traffic deaths nationwide.
HEY WHAT??
Yeah, that's what it said!
Disgusted me I didn't even finish reading that section of the
paper, just trashed it and got a book out.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 10-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Administrator

yes George. You can't read one single article about all this without at least one glaring mistake in it. But it's written right there, in black and white. And folks who read it have no friggen clue. They just take it as written.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:23 PM

Gun control is another fundraising talking point, as is climate change, immigration. If it really about people President Obama would have made Chicago a priority, 3900 died there in his 8 yrs. I don't have fast fire adapter but it still is not an automatic, it needs to be shouldered properly to bump fire.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:52 PM

If the Las Vegas massacre had not occurred, every bump stock equipped rifle anywhere would have rested wherever it was without harming a hair on anyone's head. All it takes is one deranged human to upset the apple cart, and once again, the apple cart has been upset.

I believe it would be safe to say that if legislation banning bump fire stocks is enacted, somewhere in there there's gonna be something or other that no one is expecting, or wanting. That's the part that scares me.

FWIW, I don't own a bump fire stock, and the thought of owning one never crossed my mind. I like my set trigger AR just the way it is, nice and accurate.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:11 PM

Default blackened again (not to minimise the folks in Vegas)

I'm sure they are being manufactured under some BS loophole. Don't see much difference in that and an automatic.

Looks like this crazy blackened AR15's and the like, more.

I think a lot of people are on the fence about guns anyway and anything that tips them to the anti side is bad for us and freedom. sgtg
Old 10-06-2017, 03:28 PM

Do you guys realize that any of those semi automatic rifles can be bump fired with ZERO changes to the gun? I had a room mate once that liked doing it with his bone stock ak47 and ar-15's. I think it's silly but for whatever reason he and his buddies liked doing it. I do not support banning them. It doesn't change anything. The support for gun control isn't about saving lives it's about control. If those people wanted to save lives they'd choose areas that have much higher numbers of deaths.

Aaron
Old 10-06-2017, 03:37 PM

Aaron I've seen the same thing on YouTube. No special stock just technique. saw a guy do it with a Glock and some home made board type device. And not anything complicated lookEd like a 5 yr old put it together. I don't need or want a bumpfire stock but don't blame anyone for wanting or having one. I am just worries about the give an inch take a mile. In NY the ar15 has to be drastically modified with no features to be legal but I can dump a mag as quick with my by legal ar as anyone can with a standard ar. The features are what they are, just a tool. It's the idiot behind the trigger that the problem. And a problem I'm not sure there is a cure for. I wish all these mass shooters would do their killing in reverse. Shoot themselves first instead of the other way around.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 10-06-2017, 03:39 PM

Default lies

csterner; to your point a half truth ( or less) is a lie, and once you ring the bell you can't unring it, the liberals know this very well. sgtg
Old 10-06-2017, 03:43 PM

Guys, I hear you loud and clear. The 'give an inch and they take a mile' thing.

Still, give me an example of why these things should be on the market other than being a symbol of our freedom.

It's like we are operating from a position of fear. Fear of future regulation running amok. I feel more inclined to give an inch where it is warranted. When they attempt to take a mile (as I know they will), they need to come up against a brick wall. Could well be that my thinking is too simple-minded but it is what it is.

On Edit: I am in no way placing ultimate blame on this or any other particular product for loss of life. I fully realize that the cause of this devastation is a truly F'd up nut behind the trigger. That, is a whole other subject.

Last edited by ramos; 10-06-2017 at 03:52 PM. Reason: add
Old 10-06-2017, 06:39 PM

Default my right, give it some thought

you wan't to be careful with your right or freedom to do whatever.

for example; open carry or packing a long gun in a store like the idiots in Texas did, it might be your right but hell some people that open carry make me nervous can't imagine what a non gun person might think, keep the thing concealed. out of sight out of mind.

this goes back to my thought about alienating people who are on the fence about guns, every one we loose it hurts us gun guys, you are making it easier for bad legislation pass. sgtg

Last edited by sgtg; 10-06-2017 at 06:42 PM.