Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-19-2019, 10:01 PM

Default Guys, here's a free & easy Web Hosting site to post your photos on Saubier

Hey guys, I know I've been asking a lot of technical CZ, Hornet, & Fireball questions here lately on "Small Caliber Talk" and fear I'm becoming a nuisance. I've also noticed that unlike the other forums where photos are very commonly posted by me and its members, most of you guys here post very few pics. Yep, something is wrong when we read 3 pages of replies in the thread "Let's see your reloading benches" , but don't see a single photo being posted. Sooooooo..... now it's payback time and I'm offering some of my own helpful info to the membership here as you guys have been doing for me recently.

History of web-hosting sites like the egregious Photobucket; Most of us got burned with photobucket. Then looking for a substitute, we got screwed by TinyPic and ImageShack and others. Ok, heres a web-hosting site that is free and you DON'T even have to become a member. Because it caters to young people who like to hang there and post a lot of nonsense, I bet it will survive for a long time. It's called IMGUR Use it spur of the moment whenever you feel like posting a photo. Of course, you have to already have a personal photo file of pictures stored in your computer to be able to transfer any photo of your choice to Saubier. I'm 65 with a desktopputer, and far from a tech savvy guy. I figured it out, so I'm sure you can do it.

Instructions for posting photos on IMGUR
https://imgur.com/ ;

A)Click on the green box on the left side of the page that says "New post".
B) Click on "choose photo/video"
C) Look through your photo files on the page that opens, choose a photo, and open it. It will appear on IMGUR.
D) Choose "hidden" if you don't want your photo posting on IMGUR's website for the kids and general public there to share.
E) Click anywhere on your photo on the IMGUR page, and a "Copy link" with 3 white dots will appear.
F) Left click on the 3 white dots. Then click on the "Get share links"
G)Click on the green box pop-up that says "Copy Link" at the "BB Code Option".
H) You have now copied your photo, and you can right click your mouse to "paste" it directly onto your Saubier post.

If your photo is too large, then go in your photo files and right click onto your photo to "resize" it. Use the 640 size and it will fit properly onto you Saubier post.

Last edited by Centerfire; 09-20-2019 at 03:12 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:04 PM
Supporting Member

A lot of people here have been using Imgur for several years beginning with Photobucket's first ransom attempt, and even before that..........

In addition, the first "post pics of your loading bench" post happened here maybe about 2000 or so. Its an almost yearly event on the internet.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 09-19-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou City Boy View Post
A lot of people here have been using Imgur for several years beginning with Photobucket's first ransom attempt, and even before that..........

-BCB
Yes, I can tell. This sites threads and classifieds are just loaded with photos....like the 3 pages of photos in "Let's see your reloading benches". lol.

Just how do you know what hosting site others here have used, and if the majority here even know about IMGUR? But, thanks for the round about way of telling me that my hour long effort in posting this was kind of a needless waste of time. Go ahead Hal, you get the last word. I've read the archives and I won't play that back & forth game with you.

Which reminds me that I need to check and see if that what-chya-mcall-it list is an option here at Saubier. I know the first name I'm putting on it.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:17 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
Hey guys, I know I've been asking a lot of technical CZ, Hornet, & Fireball questions here lately on "Small Caliber Talk" and fear I'm becoming a nuisance. I've also noticed that unlike the other forums where photos are very commonly posted by me and its members, most of you guys here post very few pics. Yep, something is wrong when we read 3 pages of replies in the thread "Let's see your reloading benches" , but don't see a single photo being posted. Sooooooo..... now it's payback time and I'm offering some of my own helpful info to the membership here as you guys have been doing for me recently.

History of web-hosting sites like the egregious Photobucket; Most of us got burned with photobucket. Then looking for a substitute, we got screwed by TinyPic and ImageShack and others. Ok, heres a web-hosting site that is free and you DON'T even have to become a member. Because it caters to young people who like to hang there and post a lot of nonsense, I bet it will survive for a long time. It's called IMGUR Use it spur of the moment whenever you feel like posting a photo. Of course, you have to already have a personal photo file of pictures stored in your computer to be able to transfer any photo of your choice to Saubier. I'm 65 with a desktopputer, and far from a tech savvy guy. I figured it out, so I'm sure you can do it.

Instructions for posting photos on IMGUR
https://imgur.com/ ;

A)Click on the green box on the left side of the page that says "New post".
B) Click on "choose photo/video"
C) Look through your photo files on the page that opens, choose a photo, and open it. It will appear on IMGUR.
D) Choose "hidden" if you don't want your photo posting on IMGUR's website for the kids and general public there to share.
E) Click anywhere on your photo on the IMGUR page, and a "Copy link" with 3 white dots will appear.
F) Click on the 3 white dots. Then click on the "Get share links"
G)Click on the green box pop-up that says "Copy Link" at the "BB Code Option".
H) You have now copied your photo, and you can right click your mouse to "paste" it directly onto your Saubier post.

If your photo is too large, then go in your photo files and right click onto your photo to "resize" it. Use the 640 size and it will fit properly onto you Saubier post.
Thanks for taking the time to share your info, I'm sure there are members here who will benefit from it. I've always scratched my head with the resizing business.

Aaron
Old 09-19-2019, 11:56 PM
Supporting Member

Default Test

Lets see if my picture works, If so it is the start of putting sheets of ply on the walls of my new shop.
https://imgur.com/a/1odQM3T

Looks like it worked. 50' x 90' 20' eves, 4:12 roof so it's a little over 28' at the peak, getting filled with old cars and work space for repairing vineyard equipment, etc

One from 3 years ago, my son locating Skippy for some flight lessons
https://imgur.com/lCA5yhj

I can't get the save with the 3 little dots to come up consistently, I have seen it, but usually once saved it shows a + or - when the mouse is over the image.... Grrr

Last edited by hemiallen; 09-20-2019 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:06 AM
Supporting Member

Since I'm feeling totally beaten up his evening, my girl friend told me that I could post this picture of her here to hopefully regain some of my manhood among my peers....... Just don't tell my wife about this.......

I left you a PM, Allen.

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:30 AM

Pretty nice car BCB. Bill K
Old 09-20-2019, 01:46 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Pretty nice car BCB. Bill K
Shhhhh..... My wife doesn't know about the car either.........

-BCB

Old 09-20-2019, 01:59 AM
Supporting Member

Dang............. After thinking about it, I probably should have just pretended that I didn't know how to post pictures here.

Does anyone here know how to edit a post?

-BCB

Old 09-20-2019, 02:07 AM

Here is another one that doesn't seem too bad for now:

http://postimages.org/