Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Big Game

Old 12-14-2014, 11:03 PM

Default pa doe hunt

Well I filled a doe tag along with my father on friday. Its his first deer in 8 years. We've had a slow season while helping my 13 yr old brother tag out in archery and rifle. So after not seeing anything all week we twisted my brothers arm to do a small drive for us. We were standing for all of 2 min and 3 doe ran out in front of us 200 yds. We each pulled up freehand and let it fly. We both connected with big doe. They started running so I put one extra shot into each one on the run. Both lung shots freehand at 250. I spent all day cutting yesterday. I know they are only doe but I had my favorite people to hunt with and in 20 years I've never been with my father when he got a deer. This time I was shoulder to shoulder with him. This will stick with me better then any big buck ever will. Tomorrow is promised to no man. I appreciate everyone of these hunts as we don't know how many more we will be blessed with.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 12-14-2014, 11:29 PM

Default PA doe hunt

Congrats. Good meals and really good memories for you and your Dad, I bet. Bill K
Old 12-14-2014, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Congrats. That's mighty fine shootin'! I'd give anything to have one more hunt with my dad. Glad you realize how special those times are with yours.

Last edited by csterner; 12-15-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

you're very lucky i never got to hunt with my dad. he was always to busy trying to make a living and raise us kids. by the time i was old enough he had lost all interest in hunting.

your dad should have been with me yesterday, i had a 8 point walk out infront of my blind at 30 yards and graze around. i couldn'r shoot his as i had already shot an 8 pointer. made me wish i had brought my bow.