Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Supporting Member

Default Sweet shooting rifle produces my first one hole group

I had loaned out my HS Precision varmint 204 ruger to a bud for a couple of years and just got it back on the weekend. It is the HB fluted version with the white thumbhole stock. I have been shooting my CZ walnut varmint in its absence. The load I have for the CZ is 28gr of varget with the 39blitz bullet.

So I have the great white beauty at the range today for the first time and I bring along some of the CZ's ammo to see if the HS is a 39 lover. Shot a variety of different loads before I got to the 39gr bullets. Then 3 shots into a hole that looks like there are 2 through it. Usually I get all giggly and blow the third one, the slight mirage must have helped me out this afternoon.
If I new how to post a photo I would and show this nice rifle as well. I tried to Get my bud montdoug to post some things for me from a previous exciting trip to the range but he couldn't make it happen, geez I guess I should just learn. SX
Old 02-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Supporting Member

Set up an account with a "hosting" site such as photobucket. It's free.

Take a picture with a digital camera.

Connect the camera via a usb connection to your computer, or take the media card and insert it in the proper slot in your computer.

Log onto your newly established account in the hosting web site.
Click on upload photos. You may have to create a folder to place your photos in.
You will probably have a prompt to "browse".
Click on this and find either the camera or the "media" card on which your photo is located.
Find the photo and double click. Your photo should upload.
In the case of photobucket, once you've uploaded a photo, you can point your cursor over the picture. Below the picture will be a box. Check the box. Then scroll down to "choose action. Click on this.
You will be given several choices. Click on "generate link codes". It will then come up with four or five choices. Under the heading "IMG for bulletin boards & forums",there will be a listing for " full size image".
Copy that, and paste it to the reply or thread here. It should post the picture.

Or if you like, contact me through a PM. You can attach the photo you want to post to an e-mail and I will upload it or I can walk you through it over the phone.

It is really easy once you get the hang of it...........

Best

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02-01-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:47 AM
Supporting Member

Adam
Old 02-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Supporting Member

Default photos

Images are en route to GWB.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Supporting Member

SuperX,

here ya' go

As Told bySuperX........................., with a little help from his friends, and as the ol' lady that pee'd in the river sez, "ever little bit helps"

best

GWB

I had loaned out my HS Precision varmint 204 ruger to a bud for a couple of years and just got it back on the weekend. It is the HB fluted version with the white thumbhole stock. I have been shooting my CZ walnut varmint in its absence. The load I have for the CZ is 28gr of varget with the 39blitz bullet.

So I have the great white beauty at the range today for the first time and I bring along some of the CZ's ammo to see if the HS is a 39 lover. Shot a variety of different loads before I got to the 39gr bullets.

Then 3 shots into a hole that looks like there are 2 through it. Usually I get all giggly and blow the third one, the slight mirage must have helped me out this afternoon.

Last edited by geedubya; 02-01-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Supporting Member

Good stuff SuperX.

Don't ya' just luv it when a plan comes together.

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02-01-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Supporting Member

I like it...all of it

so when is my turn to borrow it buddddddddddddd eee

Matt
Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 PM

The only problems with groups like those is that now you will be on a never ending quest to shoot those all the time. Sure does feel good when you shoot one though doesn't it?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:19 PM

Great shooting. Whenever I shoot a group close to yours and show it to my friends, they inspect the target for powder burns.

Dave
Old 02-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Supporting Member

Damn good shootin! ... I'd have to use a whole punch to get groups like that.