Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 04-22-2008, 01:51 AM

Default Getting started....

In need of some purchase mentoring...

I finally got to a point where I'm ready to commit funds to what I need (basically everything, core cutter, swage/seat/point dies, etc...) to make my own 14 cal bullets and found out that Corbins backlog is nearly 12 months.

I know you can use other presses to swage and there are others out there that can produce dies. Other than the one stop shop approach I was going to get with Corbins, I'm not sure where else to turn to get what I need in the hopes of getting some 14 cal bullets made in the next few months.

I do handload several small caliber wildcats and have a few RCBS presses. So I'm also open to converting one of them if need be.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Supporting Member

RCE and Larry Blackmon come to mind.

Mike
Old 04-26-2008, 05:09 PM

Default Brother Richard...

Dave has a brother Richard who does about the same things. They do not agree completely so Richard has his own operation. rceco.com ... faster service. No web site for Mr. Blackmon and don't have email at hand. Address (snail mail, sorry) in back of most Gun Digest Annuals. luck.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:57 AM

I'm currently discussing things with Richard @ rceco.com. Looks more promising than Corbins. However, still several months behind in orders. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:47 PM

I'll second the Larry Blackmon suggestion. I have had a set of his 30 cal. steel dies and RCBS Rockchucker conversion (it's simple) for 20 years and they turn out excellent bullets.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:22 PM

Default Bullet Making Dies

Hello,

I just received my order from Larry Blackmon and have to say they are of really great quality. I ordered a press, dies, core cutter, and lube from him and it took about three months to receive but is definately worth the wait. I immediately ordered another set of dies when I received mine so I stay in line so to speak. He's also a very busy man so he doesen't answer emails the same day you send them. He does answer however!! I'm now waiting on core wire and jackets to get started. You won't be sorry making a purchase from him.

Lee
Old 06-03-2008, 03:56 AM

I am in need of some light weight .14 cal bullets, 10gr or less, I have a 1 in 10 twist 14 barrel. If anyone is making them, will make them, has some or knows someone who has some please let me know. Larry