Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-25-2019, 05:18 PM

Well guessing that this is the right crowd to ask, I have a LOT of TC barrels feel I know a fair amount about them, But have not figured out what benefit the stub offers.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEM View Post
Well guessing that this is the right crowd to ask, I have a LOT of TC barrels feel I know a fair amount about them, But have not figured out what benefit the stub offers.
Have not played with the use of a stub, but from what I see, read and hear, it opens up a whole new world of screwing barrels and calibers into a stub to go onto the TC frames. Bill K
Old 03-25-2019, 08:24 PM

I think there is a market for them. If the price is right they'll sell.

Aaron
Old 03-25-2019, 08:49 PM
Supporting Member

I think one of the members here, Eagle View used to do the barrel stubs.

Tom
Old 03-26-2019, 12:27 PM

I still have 4 complete stubs from Eagle View sitting in a box... Only real thing I'm concerned with is how large of case can you go with them due to the smaller wall thickness of the barrel itself.... Would love to do a Grendel, but that's already pushing it and would leave a mighty small wall thickness under the threads. I haven't looked at them in awhile, but I was considering a welded lug still seems like a better option. I always wanted a 357 Max, so maybe I'll take a barrel blank and fit/finish into one of those stubs....maybe my opinion might change.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalm View Post
I still have 4 complete stubs from Eagle View sitting in a box... Only real thing I'm concerned with is how large of case can you go with them due to the smaller wall thickness of the barrel itself.... Would love to do a Grendel, but that's already pushing it and would leave a mighty small wall thickness under the threads. I haven't looked at them in awhile, but I was considering a welded lug still seems like a better option. I always wanted a 357 Max, so maybe I'll take a barrel blank and fit/finish into one of those stubs....maybe my opinion might change.
You need to run down someone with accurate and full knowledge on stubs. maybe someone like the gun smith David White (?) or belmm's TC, they could probably answer you question. Bill K
Old 03-27-2019, 03:30 AM

i am interested in this...would be interested more if I fully understood how it works....

i would buy if decent price.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:56 AM

Basically you take a barrel and thread it to fit the stub. Then you chamber it.

Aaron
Old 03-27-2019, 10:35 AM

EVA...Eagle View Arms (Lowell) still has info on the ‘net if you google, and vids on his stubs on utube.
Ken.
PS. I was late to the finish line when I tried to order one, he’d just stopped production.
If you want the best, low production run parts for whatever, they never come cheap and you can’t expect them to.

Last edited by kenbro; 03-27-2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Ps.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:39 PM

Making new lugs in order to make a stub makes little sense.

I have often wondered about some of the folks messing with TC’s. (I pretty much know them all, I won’t single one over another)

They can point out errors and glitches in a chambering, then have their way of fixing it. Yet they don’t make their own barrels from scratch?

Some of the claims and such are all but ridiculous.

I have been messing with TC’s since about 1985, have or have had barrels from about every known maker or builder. As always there those I prefer, those I wish I had back and those I have sworn off of. Of all the good bad and ugly, I have seen one weld job break, and it looked to be perfect.

I really hated to see OTT bite the dust, though I have heard he builds on a very limited basis. He and I did business and I really feel he was on the right track. Just let others design the wildcats.