Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 09-21-2018, 11:37 PM

Default Tikka 695/595 "L" shaped recoil lug

I picked up a used TIKKA 695 Deluxe with walnut stock rebarreled in 257WBY
I havn't shot it ...yet.

Took off the stock, it has never been bedded.
The "L" shaped recoil lug is made of aluminum and I wonder if should be upgraded to steel.
Does anyone have knowledge or a link to the best procedure for bedding this rifles fore end. I read some comments that say the "L" shaped lug is best bedded into the wood stock.

This pertains to tikka 595/695 models

Thanks
Old 09-22-2018, 04:00 PM

Can’t imagine a scenario in your application that would require a steel lug upgrade. At one time I thought it would be a handy upgrade to my varmint rifles shot in high volume so the steel and aluminum didn’t have different expansions going on when subjected to warmer barrel temps. But shooting them with a hot barrel taught me to leave a good thing alone.

However if you want one....https://tikkaperformance.com/index.p...kka-recoil-lug

Have you shot the rifle? Does it even need bedded or something you’d like to do for the colder winter time temps and a wood stock?

That should be a cool chambering for longe range coyotes or even one of your big bodied white tails with proper bullet selection.

My advice would be to shoot it before you try to improve something that may not require it. As you’re probably aware these things shot well out of the box so if a quality barrel and gunsmithing were chosen by previous owner you will probably end up with a smile.

Last edited by M595NUT; 09-22-2018 at 04:03 PM.