Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2014, 07:11 AM

Default Remington 700/7 trigger recall

I know this was the subject of a thread a while ago but here in UK very little has happened. The UK agent, Riflecraft, advised me that it would another 6 weeks or so before any parts would be available. I'm guessing, no trigger unit replacement, just strip-down and the trigger blade replaced and the trigger pull reset to ~ 3.5lb.

Also, the gun dealers have not been advised and it is only those owners that use the web gun forums that are aware of the problem.

Any news from USA ?
Old 06-17-2014, 10:37 AM

Default recall

If it were me I would put on an aftermarket and throw the trigger away.It will be way longer than 6 months as they are piling up in warehouses waiting for repairs here in the states.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:45 PM

I've seen several guys post back that their rifles are being returned in 6 weeks from shipping them off.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:47 AM

Default Rem recall

Sent mine back mid April, should be delivered Monday according to UPS Catman
Old 06-30-2014, 03:34 AM
Supporting Member

Default recall

Can you just send the trigger back, having to pay 20-30.00 to send it back is a joke.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:27 AM

Default Remington Fiasco

I sent my 700, my primary groundhog rifle, back a over month ago. Before I sent it in, I was told by a Remington technician it would be "about a 2wk turnaround" after they got the gun. Last week I called because the tracking link they emailed didn't work. Was on hold for 45 minutes. When I gave the tech the repair number, he initially told me he had no record of it. I had him recheck and there it was. Then he told me it would be "a minimum of 12 weeks" before I got it back. What a fiasco! Wish I could print what I really think of Remington right now.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
Can you just send the trigger back, having to pay 20-30.00 to send it back is a joke.
Remington sends out prepaid shipping boxes for people to send in the entire rifle. It costs you nothing if you decide to do it.

Last edited by Furhunter; 06-30-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbearman View Post
If it were me I would put on an aftermarket and throw the trigger away.It will be way longer than 6 months as they are piling up in warehouses waiting for repairs here in the states.
+1 Get a Timney or other aftermarket trigger.

Last edited by Hog Patrol; 06-30-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
I know this was the subject of a thread a while ago but here in UK very little has happened. The UK agent, Riflecraft, advised me that it would another 6 weeks or so before any parts would be available. I'm guessing, no trigger unit replacement, just strip-down and the trigger blade replaced and the trigger pull reset to ~ 7.5 LBS.

Also, the gun dealers have not been advised and it is only those owners that use the web gun forums that are aware of the problem.

Any news from USA ?
You don't know Remchester well.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:34 PM

I registered several weeks ago and Remington claimed I would be sent a box to return the rifle. However my rifle is in effect a grey import having been purchased overseas. So I have heard no more from them and maybe they wont deal with it as it was a private import? As it happens I had spare Rifle Basix trigger anyway which I wasn't using so I have ditched the pos trigger that came with the rifle.

I have to say though this has not been a stellar performance from Remington. I have two 700's and they are both tack drivers (now they have Pac-Nor barrels) but having worked in a gun dealer and seen some of the brand new junk that Remington foists on the public I wont be buying another one. We had one 22-250 for sale where the muzzle crown was blown out almost as if the bullet had got stuck in the end of the barrel. Another one where the bolt couldn't be cocked. Both brand new rifles. How does this get past "quality control"