Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-24-2015, 09:47 PM

Default Can my FFL be in deep Doo Doo? lol

Today, as I was working on getting something worked out on a rebarrel with a known gunsmith, shipping came up. I was informed that it was illegal (I think that is the word that was used) for him to send me an FFL copy for purposes of shipping, as I am not a business. It seems like a lot of the FFLs here have been doing something really wrong by providing me an FFL copy when purchasing on Gunbroker so that the seller could ship to them for transfer to me. I guess that it will work out for the best. I can simpy shoot the rifle in the chambering I bought it in, as the barrel is in nice shape It might have been a shame to waste the original barrel. I can then look for a Cooper in 17 Remington. I won't have to bother with paying a gunsmith to rebarrel when handled this way.

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:53 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SShooterZ

Sounds like hogwash to me.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:00 PM
Supporting Member

Default yep

Definitely that.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:03 PM
Supporting Member

Full of poop.
There's noting illegal about it, it's however illegal for you to use it a manner other than shipping purposes. I'll send you mine if you want to ship it to me for the work.

Adam
Old 04-24-2015, 10:10 PM

He just doesn't want your business. Having the FFL info protects you, not him, it is illegal for you to ship without a FFL, it is not illegal to receive without a FFL. Larry
Old 04-24-2015, 10:11 PM

Default CaN my FFL be in doo doo

Same here, hogwash. A copy can be given too anyone, no problem.

And to send a firearm/action to a gunsmith is not a violation, you can send it to them for work and they can send it back to you.
This has been hashed over and over. I package them, well and send them, but I do not tell the outfit I use that it is a firearm, no need to.
I just say the package is metal stock, etc. Have never had a problem. And I use a name, never show gunsmith, gun works or such on the mailing address. Name, address and let it go at that. But you do as you want, or call the party and see how they want to work it from both ends. Bill K
Old 04-24-2015, 10:18 PM

Hey guys,
One of the words he used is "can't". I know it is a bunch of BS. I have been doing this a while now. This is just just me being upset, thinking out loud. You know, if he had said that he felt uncomfortable doing that, I could have understood, and there might have been another solution. The fact that he said "can't" means to me he is either uninformed or is purposefully lying to me to suit his desires. The funny thing is that about 20 years ago, I went to the local gun shop to get a transfer done on a sale from a nonlicensee, which would have been shipped to him for transfer to me. He also used the word "can't" in much the same way because the guy was a nonlicensee. The funny thing about that is that even though I drive within about 15 yards from his front door five days a week when going home from work, I "can't" stop in his shop to spend any money. If he had said that he "did not like" to accept shipments in from a nonlicensee, I would not have liked it a lot, but it is his premesis to run as he sees fit. I might have been in after a while after he had said that. Since the word "can't was used, he has forever lost any business he might have gotten from me.

Danny

In short..yes, I darn well know and have known that this was BS.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.

Last edited by Danny; 04-24-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:38 AM
Supporting Member

I even had one FFL tell me if I left my gun with him for any reason,
he could not let me have it back without doing a back ground check. Kenny

I pride myself in being able to make decisions with little information.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicero View Post
Well....
Is there any chance that it was a high profile Ohio based Gun Shop with two or three locations or so?

Danny

Old 04-25-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicero View Post
That's only true if you "pawned" it.

Bob