Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-05-2012, 03:20 AM

Default "Fireballess" for a couple months!! FIXED THAT!!

Sold the "Furbie" (17Fireball) acouplemonths ago when the job went south and hadto depend on "Obama Care", unemployment coverage to get by. (Really didn't need the O'bama deal 'cause a country boy can survive") Anyway,Istart work for anew company next Monday AM!! Same basic territory, a decent salary increase and benefits and looking forward to the challenge!!!! SO I CELEBRATED!!!! Found a 17 Fireball Remington VSF at a shop on Saturday (actually theyhad 2 of them and 19 boxes of factoryammo.........16 now!!) Stopped at the Sportsman's Whorehouse in Roanoke, VA on the way home and they had a set of dies!!! Halfway through the "shoot one,clean" deal and tomorrow hope to finish. Then on Friday will let the "little guy" get it's first blood!! I sold abunch of rifles and guns justto get by this little blip in the road, but the selling ofthe original "Furbie" ( 2007 CDL Special Edition) bothered me tremendously!! Albeit I got compensated well for itat the time!! Just wish I hadn't have soldall the extra brass I had for it too!!! Can't post pics............never could anyway.......because allmy computer is an iPad!! Not smart enough to save pics andthenpost them!! Maybe someday!! I CAN SHOOT THOUGH!!! :GHD
Old 09-05-2012, 03:36 AM

GHD, glad to hear things are looking up for you. I am sure it was painful to part with your firearms but a guy has to do what it takes to get by. As far as the Fireball, I picked one up this past spring (Rem 7 Red) and it is already one of my favorites. Good luck, Dave
Old 09-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Good for you GHD. I'm in that boat right now. Lost the job I've worked for 18yrs. so I'm out beating the pavement again. Tough world to live in sometimes.
After all of the hardship you'll really enjoy that Fireball. Anxious to hear how it shoots.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Supporting Member

Default good deal

glad you got another one,nice to see someone do better for themselves.i've been at it since '92 and this war on coal is pretty much a "war on me" here in ky. first time in 49 years,i'm worried.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM

Many months ago I was thinking about selling my Remington Model 7 CDL Fireball - but took some advice from a member on this forum and decided to keep it. As far as I remember, I was warned that I would regret a rifle that someday would become a classic. Much appreciated advice, Mr Montdoug !