Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-10-2019, 07:36 AM
Supporting Member

Back in February I put up a post saying we were coming to Canada but only had a couple of replies, but after reading a couple of posts on here recently I found we were near one or two members on this forum.

Anyway, the Kamloops animal park was quite a nice way to relax just wandering around looking at the animals......some just didn't want to play ball and stayed hidden, but we did see a few

Last edited by Kiwishooter; 09-10-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Supporting Member

The cats were great to see, although that mountain lion didn't want to stay out for long

Obviously no shooting allowed, somebody said thats what slingshots are for

After the animal park it was time for dinner, have to say I had an awesome steak and obviously the staff were celebrating Canada day as they were all dressed up.

The following morning it was away to get a tyre fixed, well it seems that whatever punctured the tyre went through the sidewall so we needed a new tyre...……...slight problem, Canadian Tyre, Fountain Tyre and few others we tried didn't have any, the closest was Kelowna and wouldn't be in Kamloops till late afternoon and we wanted to be somewhere else that evening.

Well time for breakfast and a bit of a think, we had until 11am to order one if we couldn't find one.
After a bowl of fresh fruit at Coras we headed back toward the tyre shop near the motel we were staying at to order a tyre. Well on the way we found some roadworks and had to take a bit of a detour.
After being directed onto a reformed road we came across a tyre shop called Andre's Tyreworld, We stopped to see if he had a tyre the right size, I was a bit stunned to find that he did.

Twenty minutes latter we were on our way with a new tyre fitted, can't recommend Andre's tire world enough.

From Kamloops we headed up BC-5 N.
When I was looking at taking the Rock Mountaineer from Vancouver I did some research and some said the trip to Jasper wasn't the best route to take, Vancouver to Kamloops was supposed to be good but Kamloops to Jasper wasn't that great.

Well I have to say the drive up BC-5 N was quite scenic and I thoroughly enjoyed the drive all the way to Prince George, where we met Daryl and Tracy.

I didn't take any photos but we really enjoyed our stay with them, thanks once again Daryl & Tracy for the hospitality.
Daryl gave we a viewing of a few of his rifles. He's into his muzzle loader rifles and has some really nice examples. I took a shine to a .36 cal flintlock with a set trigger, from memory I think Daryl called it a squirrel rifle...……...hopefully he will correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Kiwishooter; 09-10-2019 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:27 AM
Supporting Member

From Daryl's and Prince George we headed North toward Chetwynd where Daryl said there were some awesome wood carvings on the side of the road through town.

Well they are awesome, here is just a small sampling of them

Here is some detail of that pervious carving

Old 09-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Supporting Member

Not only were there wood carvings but murals as well...

Old 09-11-2019, 03:01 AM

So close! We were both in the Okanagon and Chetwynd while you were here. Definitely let people know what you’re u0 to if you come back.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:50 AM
Supporting Member

Will do.

From Chetwynd we headed east and stopped off in Dawson Creek, found a gun shop that Daryl recommended, of course we had to stop in to have a look

Corlane Sporting Goods

Wandered around inside and looked at the stock levels, far superior to anything in New Zealand, shelves full of reloading dies

Even found some New Zealand products for sale, Icebreaker clothes and socks

Last edited by Kiwishooter; 09-11-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:57 AM
Supporting Member

Plenty of firearms to look at even those our police call "evil" If they are so evil I can't figure out why the police are still using them

And a lot of trophies hanging on the walls

Old 09-11-2019, 08:10 AM
Supporting Member

From Dawson Creek we headed further east and were impressed with the farm land, not a hill or mountain in sight, but we did see a few deer having a feed on some of the crops.

I did like the gas prices in Alberta, quite a bit cheaper than BC

We were heading toward Edmonton and took a bit of a wrong turn and ended up on the south shore of Slave Lake, the size of which was quite impressive.

We went out for dinner in Edmonton and I ordered a dessert, now just to give you a size comparison, that is a full size dessert spoon, and yes it was really yummy

Last edited by Kiwishooter; 09-11-2019 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Supporting Member

Great picture, envious of your photographer skills, thanks for sharing.

Tom
Old 09-12-2019, 04:13 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Great set of pics there kiwi.

Where's some of you and Daryl and the ladies?

I don't recall your message of Feb about the upcoming trip.
Might just be a short memory spasm.

Glad you two get out n about like this.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"