Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-26-2018, 06:12 PM

Default Sako l461 trigger

Can someone show me how to adjust a l461 Sako trigger. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Catman
Old 04-26-2018, 08:58 PM

What adjustments are you hoping to make, and what end results are you hoping to achieve?

The Sako No.4 trigger was fitted to both L461/A1 short actions and the L579/AII medium actions - I am not sure about the long actions.

Below are some threads that may be useful - the information in the fourth one is a bit a a mix, but it does include a photo of the trigger adjustment screws. I would suggest cross-checking any of the suggestions in the third thread with the first two threads.

Weight of pull is adjusted by one of the screws but the adjustment range is limited at the light end. Over travel is also adjusted by another screw.

Sear engagement is not adjusted by a screw; it is set by the contact between the back of the trigger lever with the front of the falling cocking piece relative to the sear engagement surfaces - to adjust requires very careful stoning of either to ensure all is in balance, which I don't recommend for anyone other that an experienced gunsmith with the right tools.

http://sakocollectors.com/forum/thre...-trigger.5811/

http://sakocollectors.com/forum/thre...justment.4829/

https://www.shootersforum.com/gunsmi...-sako-aii.html

http://www.opticstalk.com/identify-s...topic6862.html

I have found that giving my No.4 triggers a good wash in solvent to remove accumulated grime and dried grease has helped lighten trigger pull weights a little, as does fitting of a trigger shoe.

Marcus
Old 04-26-2018, 10:21 PM

Default Sako trigger

With the safety on,I can pull the trigger it will click,if I push the safety off the rifle will fire? Thanks Catman
Old 04-27-2018, 12:01 AM

Default Sako trigger

Thanks for the information,problem found and resolved. Catman
Old 04-28-2018, 04:36 PM

It’s nice to have a choice for the Sako now. You have Timney, and Bix & Andy triggers for a low and higher end trigger. Mine is at around 2lbs but the Jewell in my drawer that I bought for my Quad is calling out to the.222.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:43 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorepower View Post
It’s nice to have a choice for the Sako now. You have Timney, and Bix & Andy triggers for a low and higher end trigger. Mine is at around 2lbs but the Jewell in my drawer that I bought for my Quad is calling out to the.222.
Do you have a Jewel for a sako quad? I didn't think they made one compatible.

And have you tried the B&A , if so for which sako?

I love my Rem 700/ Jewel triggered guns, but have only tried a Canjar in the L461 series Sako's. I would sell my Canjars if an 8-10 ounce standard trigger shoe size were an option.

Allen
Old 04-29-2018, 05:57 PM

I have not tried B&A, but a gent on RFC was raving about them on his quad. Someone made a batch of hangers/ trigger housings for the Jewell/Sako trigger and I was lucky enough to have looked on the for sale forum at the right time. I have seen possibly 3-4 for sale over the years, but none lasted for more than an hour or two. I had visions of getting one of Don Stith’s stocks and doing a little rimfire BR, in a sporter category but like many other “ideas” never did. It’s been alot of years, about the same period when the Quads were going for under $400, since I picked it up. I should have got 2-3 bavk then, “Quads”.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:03 PM
Supporting Member

Thank you.

It would be an interesting proposition for you to have the Jewel trigger adaptor replicated by a machine shop, and sell them.

Yes, the Quads were selling for a great price, but before I realized I needed 3 of them the price doubled, or more. I got all 3 down to around 12 ounces wirth spring changes, but a jewel would be nice also.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorepower View Post
My understanding is that the Bix n Andy Sako triggers replace the Tikka style triggers found on the S and M series Sakos, but don't fit/replace te No.4 trigger found on the L or A series?

Marcus
Old 04-30-2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Can someone show me how to adjust a l461 Sako trigger.
I find this extremely useful, and added bonus is how to set your FP protrusion.