Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-01-2010, 06:30 AM

Default Anyone miss me?

Been gone for a while. I am afraid the 22 rimfire bug got hold of me. I have been learning how to shoot all over again. Took gold for the company I used to work for at the corporate games. Three position shooting and yes standing is and always will be my weak point. The small bore silhouette has been helping but wow is it humbling also.

Thought you might like a look at a cool muzzle break, nice and short and cool looking. Yes it is threaded on.

Your friend, Chucker.

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS: is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Supporting Member

Cool break but what does the rest of the rifle look like?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:15 AM

Default Muzzle Brake

Wow,I blew up the pic double and still couldn't se the line.How about more pics of that gun,and specks.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:53 PM

You may not like the rest of it. It is not sub-caliber just a rimfire I overhauled.

Anschutz 64 MPR. I shortened barrel added a brake to cover the threaded end I might put a suppressor on it one day.

Here is a brake we put on my 20 BR Tejas. The brake is real short also. The gun just lays there and goes bang. And yes it is threaded on.

Here is the rest of my 20. Some of you will remember it. It is just a little more of my handy work.

Your friend, Chuckersgun.

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS: is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Supporting Member

Nice looking rifles Chucker, and whether any one says they missed ya or not the site will be a better place having ya back! Your one a the good guys. Show us a picture of that white hat you wear .
Old 02-01-2010, 11:09 PM

Default wow

I didn''t miss you but only because I'm new here
The invisble line where the threaded on muzzle brake starts is very hard to see. That's some fine workmanship you've done, all very good looking rifles

Sam
Old 02-02-2010, 01:12 AM

Default I did miss 'ya Chucker....

I'm glad your back!
I do really like seeing your neat rifles too!
Matt
Old 02-02-2010, 04:26 AM

Default Missed me? LOL Kinda feel weird if ya did ........

Kind of missed this place though, great folks here.
Still have not finished fire forming all 200 rounds for my 20 Tejas. Since primers have kind of disappeared and my shooting buddy moved, I have not burned enough powder lately.

I have been burning some rimfire ammo though. In the process of building my 17 Mach 2. I know its a BB gun compared to what you folks shoot. The trick is just to keep the trigger finger trained.

I am afraid the rimfire bug has caught me, I am learning what makes one of them shoot. It is a lot tougher than I though. I have built a few over the last little while and having fun.

I have had to shuttle the Mach IV over to make room and it reminded me of the great folks here. Need to say hi.

Need to try the V shaped muzzle brake on something with some steam to see if it works.

Here is another toy I built from scratch, no Ruger parts other than the clip.
Stainless steel receiver two screws and a one pound trigger pull.

Your friend, Chucker.

Last edited by Chucker; 02-02-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:12 AM

Default Keep em coming Chucker

Do you do any of your 22 shooting up at Wahsatch Shooters? I am thinking about joining the Tuesday night silhouette matches this year.

I to have been playing with the rimfires lately and a few other centerfire wildcats.

We will have to get together this spring and go up to Idaho to lay some chucks low. I still need to repay you for the loan of your 20BR dies a couple years ago.

Mike.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:59 AM

The brakes are beautifully installed. But those drilled holes look really crude.