Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-27-2019, 02:09 PM

This is definitely the time of year where it could be in the low 70's one day and 30's the next, sometimes within the same day!

I would recommend packing for the worst and be glad that you did not need it. Layering is best versus just one big heavy coat as an example.

This is a beautiful time of year here, definitely my favorite time. As I sit here in my office, it is 51 degrees and cloudy with intermittent rain. won't get much warmer today but tomorrow is supposed to be about 70. That being said, the mountains of western and northwestern Wyoming are going to get quite a bit of snow today through the weekend.

You just never know. Fall is in the air, bucks and bulls are rutting and the varmints will be furring up soon!
Old 09-27-2019, 11:30 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoBull View Post
This is definitely the time of year where it could be in the low 70's one day and 30's the next, sometimes within the same day!

I would recommend packing for the worst and be glad that you did not need it. Layering is best versus just one big heavy coat as an example.

This is a beautiful time of year here, definitely my favorite time. As I sit here in my office, it is 51 degrees and cloudy with intermittent rain. won't get much warmer today but tomorrow is supposed to be about 70. That being said, the mountains of western and northwestern Wyoming are going to get quite a bit of snow today through the weekend.

You just never know. Fall is in the air, bucks and bulls are rutting and the varmints will be furring up soon!

In context of your "within the same day comment", Scott, two years ago in September my wife and I traveled to Laramie to attend the Wyoming/Texas State football game.

The day began sunny but chilly in the low 40's. Mid-day was sunny and in the low to mid 70's by game time at 1 PM. No need for a jacket/coat at that time.

At the end of the game we were in our insulated rain parkas that we brought with us into the stadium, "just in case". After the game, we went to a restaurant along Grand Avenue to eat and when we came out the light rain had turned to snow with a good 40 degree swing in temperatures from the game time 70's. Just another fall day in Wyoming........

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 09-30-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou City Boy View Post
In context of your "within the same day comment", Scott, two years ago in September my wife and I traveled to Laramie to attend the Wyoming/Texas State football game.

The day began sunny but chilly in the low 40's. Mid-day was sunny and in the low to mid 70's by game time at 1 PM. No need for a jacket/coat at that time.

At the end of the game we were in our insulated rain parkas that we brought with us into the stadium, "just in case". After the game, we went to a restaurant along Grand Avenue to eat and when we came out the light rain had turned to snow with a good 40 degree swing in temperatures from the game time 70's. Just another fall day in Wyoming........

-BCB
You are absolutely correct and I have experienced that same thing many times. In fact, I was out with a friend yesterday look for an antelope for his daughter. I was in a short sleeve shirt most of the day and by mid afternoon I was wearing a pullover and light jacket with rain coming down.
Tonight we are supposed to get some snow! You just never know this time of year.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:45 PM

Well fellows, welcome to the club. Snowing away right now at my place up here on the mountain in N.E. Commie California.. Bill K
Old 09-30-2019, 06:53 PM
Administrator

weather looks good for my trip to Casper (north a bit near Kaycee) this weekend. Sunny Sunday and Monday High 60's/Low 35. I'll be ready!
Old 10-01-2019, 06:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Charlie:;

I've been in Casper quite lot of times. (Used to haul pipe up there
a time or two every month year around for several years)

Several times in some mighty impressive blizzards!
A few times it was bad enough I just crawled in the sleeper and
let it snow n blow. On the northern plains like they are, it does both well.

Pack for 'em and it'll be sunny n warm.

IF you don't, you'll sure wish the H you had.

Down here we've had 89 and 90 the last few days.
This is the second day of hard wind. I went out about
10 pm tonight to turn the water off. and a chilly wind
from the North. Someone's catching it, or soon will be.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 10-04-2019, 08:02 PM
Supporting Member

60's in the afternoon, end up getting snowed in on job site overnight. Wasn't bad til the electricity went out, got chilly then. Memorial day weekend, Little America, Wy. I 80 shut down, hardly any snow left by 10 the next morning. Loved it there! !!
Old 10-06-2019, 07:24 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Lil America is the coldest place I've ever spent the day
under the tractor.

Used a propane torch to melt the ice out of the brakes. Blowing snow
blew in and melted, then refroze locking up the brake shoes to drums.
There I'd set til spring thaw unless---!

Pump jocky said it was: -39F and 50mph, "that's -110F wind chill".

Guys parked on unknown frozen puddles with warm tires. Melted in and
refroze. When they pulled out, it pulled the treads off truck tires.

I'd never heard of diesel jelling before. He half filled a qt oil can and set on the pump. "come back in an hour and see if you can pour it out".

I was back in 20 minutes or so. It would shake, no way it would pour out.
Cure for that is: fill up with diesel #1.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"