Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-12-2022, 02:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter
Default back door gun regestry

so what do you guys think of Visa, mc and amex express trying to do what the federal government can't.

Payment processor Visa announced Saturday its plans to separately categorize gun shop sales, joining Mastercard and American Express, which have already said they would categorize purchases at firearm stores. Visa said it would apply the International Organization for Standardization’s new merchant code to gun shop sales
Old 09-12-2022, 03:13 AM

As I have said on another site regarding the CC's tracking of firearms/supplies on sales.
Does not concern me, as the government already tracks firearms sales with the DROS paperwork you fill out, when you buy a gun at the firearms dealer, if you are buying legally.
If not and the sale is private or black market, like under the table, then that is the individuals choice of getting caught, down the road, so to speak.
I don't buy with credit card, only with cash or check, so does not concern me in the least.
Just my thought. Government is just adding another nail to the coffin, for those that want to own firearms, as the U.S. Constitution & Bill of Rights grants legal citizen's of the Old Republic.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:26 AM
Supporting Member

"I don't buy with credit card, only with cash or check, so does not concern me in the least."
Couldn't have said it any better. Credit Cards work great at the ATM to get CASH!! CASH, don't leave home without it!!
When the power goes off and your Credit Card won't work, Cash talks.
Old 09-12-2022, 02:43 PM

Amen. and right on the money Mikie.. Then you can still buy and the government has nothing to say about it. The only way to fly.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:09 PM

Looks like a very lucrative opportunity for a bank to issue a credit card & advertise that it does not track/categorize guns & related purchases. Just think how much money that could amount to. While I too am in the "pay with cash" camp, many people rely on CC to "stretch-out" impulse purchases - like firearms.
Old 09-12-2022, 05:24 PM

I ran across this online.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lams-move.html

If not ok......mods delete.

Kevin
Old 09-13-2022, 12:40 PM
Supporting Member

The government can ONLY get in your business, if YOU let them.
They already know what you do.
Drive a car?
Have a bank account?
Own a home?
Pay taxes?
Get SSI?
There is NOTHING they don't know about you unless it's maybe the color of your shorts and YOU can change that.
The Government doesn't care one bit about WE THE PEOPLE!! Want proof?
Look at the politicians. Crooks, every one. (till proven otherwise)
Old 09-13-2022, 03:30 PM

This is nothing new. If you own a credit card, with a subpoena, you can find out any kind of purchase. When I was working, there were several times we obtained subpoenas for credit cards.

By tacking purchases of gasoline, we were able to track a suspect and figured out where he was going. We had the police on the other end waiting for him.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:03 PM

So true, nothing new and folks are getting all upset over the latest CC track info, when I bet they have a smart phone and are being tracked and kept track of all the time, if they only would think about it.
Are they upset over that ? NO, as they just can not live without that darn phone in their hand and always on and them checking it.
The government, in todays Wash DC and so many of the branches have been keeping tabs on people for more than a few years now, and no one seems to know that.
So if you are concerned about it, ditch you smart phone, close you CC's and go with cash and maybe a simple flip phone, if you really need one, when away from you home phone. Lower the risk of you being watched by the present day Communist's in power.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:09 PM

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love.

They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over.

The moment the Men who wanted to be left alone are forced to fight back, it is a form of suicide. They are literally killing off who they used to be. Which is why, when forced to take up violence,
these Men who wanted to be left alone, fight with unholy vengeance against those who murdered their former lives.

They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those who are merely play-acting at politics and terror. TRUE TERROR will arrive at these people's door, and they will cry, scream, and beg for mercy... but it will fall upon the deaf ears of the Men who just wanted to be left alone."

--Alexander Solzhenitsyn