Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 07-22-2019, 01:58 PM

Your "small thorn" comment has me well pegged. Still, my aversion to the slightly larger action has now diminished to nearly nothing, since the difference is much less than I first believed, and I think the "improvements" Cooper made over time to the M38 action, i.e. blade ejector, more elegant and functional bolt release, improved geometry, etc, are offsetting whatever small difference in size there is. Also, as you aptly point out, the quest began with the little action, but I got greedy when I saw the highly desirable upgrades, losing sight of the original goal...I can't imagine that happening to anyone else here . So, while a run-of-the-mill M38 action would have cost much less and would allow for any amount of customization, tearing up either of these two beauties would also constitute an affront to the Rifle Gods.

Right now, I'm just sitting on them both with no real urgency. I've also spent the last two weeks overseas and just returned home. I'll be sure to keep all updated.

TBR
Old 11-14-2019, 09:05 PM

You've got a real dilemma on your hands. I like classic, slim rifles, but don't like the bone charcoal coloring on yours, even though the rifle is flat gorgeous. I think I'd reblue the receiver and charcoal colored parts and keep the Classic. My .02 worth.

Jordan