Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2017, 01:59 AM

Default New .17 Tactical Upper, brass, dies (Dresden Gun Company / Adam Bentley)

Selling a custom built 17 Tactical upper by Adam Bentley and everything needed for it.

Received brand new the upper about two months ago and shot less than 50 rounds down barrel.

Here is what I have into the rig:

Upper Cost paid to Adam Bentley $1,220 (+about $60 in shipping)

250 cases for the .17 Tactical made by Todd Kindler, Custom Redding Dies purchased from Todd, Lake City parent brass (new) to make the .17 Tactical brass, etc. $400.

Optic $399 Sig Sauer Whiskey
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...m_triplex.html

please email me for more information, pictures, etc. paghuff@gmail.com
Old 11-06-2017, 02:41 AM

Yikes, no interest yet. From talking with Adam I thought there might be a lot of interest. Hoping someone is interested.

Mike
Old 11-06-2017, 10:59 AM

Just a few thoughts; Barrel specs, make and twist, length, contour, etc., Upper make and model? Price asking, not what paid. Post on Accuarateshooter.com. Good Luck with the sale.

Last edited by Hog Patrol; 11-06-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking_Coyotes View Post
Yikes, no interest yet. From talking with Adam I thought there might be a lot of interest. Hoping someone is interested.

Mike
Gunsmith's are usually overly optimistic when giving advice on resale potential on a prospective project, lol.

Pictures on the ad itself always help. As do pics of groups that the rifle has fired. Not a lot of interest in specialty AR uppers it seems, the average guy won't/can't handload for them, which is necessary to bring them to their full potential.

I have several wildcat uppers, but will hold on to them in light of the current environment, even though 223 uppers can be had for $350 new these days...I don't think that will last forever.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Patrol View Post
Just a few thoughts; Barrel specs, make and twist, length, contour, etc., Upper make and model? Price asking, not what paid. Post on Accuarateshooter.com. Good Luck with the sale.
Reached out to Adam a couple days ago for the information. Hoping to get a response so I can post the information. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:40 AM

Hang in there. Sales are so slow due to the ridiculous cheap prices of AR's and parts now. I had 2 beautiful cerakoted 204 Rugers with White Oak match barrels that were custom made and it took forever to sell them and then I had to take a beating on price. Same thing for a custom made AR 17hmr. Good luck, sounds like really nice firearm and I know Adam does great work.

Jim D
SE Texas