Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2017, 04:26 PM

Default CZ 527 rings

I know several here have 527's. What are some of your preferences of scope rings?
I looked at picatinny style bases, then go with a low Signature ring? Looks pretty high still though.
Jeff
Old 12-16-2017, 04:35 PM

I put Millet rings on two of mine, then tried Talley rings. I should have checked the Talleys for alignment before clamping down my M4200 side focus scope as they ruined the scope, bending the tube. I how have to send it back for replacement.
I went back to the Millet rings.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:20 PM

I have been very pleased with the Burris rings.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/68...n-gloss-medium
Old 12-16-2017, 07:00 PM

I have Leupold medium rings on one of my 527's and a DIP Inc picatinny rail with low rings on my other 527.

The comb on the CZ 527's is pretty low so it makes it tough to get a decent cheek weld with nearly any setup. DIP Inc also sells a pretty inexpensive adjustable cheek rest that you can add to your stock. https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1189961 I have a similar one on one of my 527's and I'll be adding another to the stock on a CZ 527 17 Rem I just bought. Using the adj. cheek piece, ring height is much less of a concern.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:20 PM
Supporting Member

I've used Leupold, Burris and the Millet's that Daryl mentioned. I've had good luck with all of them and the Millet's cost less. Only rings I truly dislike is the CZ rings them self's.
We all like what we like but I like the medium height rings Scope sets higher and doesn't interfere with the bolt with the mediums also, I have a long neck with disc issues so the mediums work better for me, especially off hand.

p.s.
I just hit some sights and find the Millette's seem to be discontinued. Just made your decision easier .
I'd buy Burris due to price I guess, both Leupold and Burris are good IMO.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:24 PM
Supporting Member

Calhoons Hunkers every time

Johno
Old 12-16-2017, 09:17 PM
Supporting Member

Default CZ rings

Warne, Leupold, or Talley...anything other than the factory CZ.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
I've used Leupold, Burris and the Millet's that Daryl mentioned. I've had good luck with all of them and the Millet's cost less. Only rings I truly dislike is the CZ rings them self's.
We all like what we like but I like the medium height rings Scope sets higher and doesn't interfere with the bolt with the mediums also, I have a long neck with disc issues so the mediums work better for me, especially off hand.

p.s.
I just hit some sights and find the Millette's seem to be discontinued. Just made your decision easier .
I'd buy Burris due to price I guess, both Leupold and Burris are good IMO.
I did not like Millet rings much because I do not really think that they are "windage adjustable" in the traditional sense, rather, you can offset the rings, which could be a lifesaver if you wanted to center a scope to a rifle with mount screws drilled off. They could be tricky to get set up really well, in my opinion.

I went to the Millet Sight page, and I could not find any rings/bases/sights, which is a shame, as Millet made some really great handgun sights. It seems like they have gone Tacti(not)cool and are just selling scopes.

I also do not like the CZ rings, but I am using a set right now that came with my used rifle. I had to repair them because they were tweaked. I had to be very careful with the ring torque to not bend them again Worst of all, I do not like how they look. They look like they are "slabbed out" of a piece of rectangular stock on a mill with little attention to how the end result looks.

montdoug what are your issues with the factory CZ 527 rings?

I think that when I re-scope and get a handle for this bolt, I will see if I can get the Hunker mounts talked about.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:46 PM
Supporting Member

First is just their looks, IMO they are ugly and real clunky looking. Mostly however it's all the screws to attach the ring tops, 4 each! I like the single "Torx" plan for easy of mounting and looks as well.
And "really mostly" is for all the issues with em they are still real expensive. I have a few 527 Americans that CZ rings came with em so I used em, some I didn't, but I wouldn't buy em at half the price. Personal opinion only and others mileage may vary.
The reason I don't care for the real low mounted scopes is my specific neck issue and isn't a consideration for others.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:12 PM

CZ picatinny base rail and Warne low or medium QD rings. Best set up I've ever seen. Lows will work but I use medium because of my high cheek bones and beard. You can take off and put on without zero loss. I take mine off when traveling or cleaning.

Also, I've never had a set of Warne's that had to be lapped. Only my Sako's run Talley's everything else has Warne, MADE IN THE USA!!!

Jim D
SE Texas