Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2018, 11:11 AM

Default Great ole picture Doug....

It sure is neat to see and learn some of the history from back in the day when this country was just flat out awesome.Those model T’s were tough and people took em all over the country,I think some of em went into tougher spots than some of today’s yuppies would try in a JK.Interesting to hear about the Airedales during WW1 too.A friend of mine met John Wayne and spoke with him when my friend was about 7 or 8 during the filming of True Grit,it left a lasting impression on him too.How old were you when you took this picture Doug?The “T” is at least
a ‘17
Matt

Last edited by 17VLD; 07-16-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:29 PM
Supporting Member

Daggers! Now that is really harsh Matt, I was only about 8 when that was taken .
Funny but you can kinda see it's him even then. Interesting finding out the inner breed history of various dog breeds. As you know we are also Cairn Terrier people, got two of em. A Cairn Terrier named Terry played "Toto" in "The Wizard of Oz". What most don't know is that Terry was actually a female, they needed a really small dog so that Judy Garland could easily carry it. Same dog was in several movies with Shirley Temple, both Shirley Temple and Judy Garland tried to buy little Terry after working with her but the trainer wasn't selling. Cairn Terrier lore 101!
Taggart at 8weeks old a couple weeks back.

A 10 month old Airedale pup and a 10 week old Cairn Terrier pup. Two bullheaded Terriers at the same time, the insanity knows no bounds .
When they came up with the name Terrier ("earth dog", bred for going down holes after vermin like otters, fox and badgers) I'm sure what they really meant was Terriorists!
Kat making sure there's a gopher down there before she starts excavating a rodent tunnel in my back yard.

They sure do enhance your life.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:50 AM

Default Well Doug......

Sorry but I had to pull out all the stops!
When you said that was enough outta you,I just had to resort to “dirty pool”
I couldn’t imagine this site without you posting stuff.It worked though,cause now you let us in on some more pearls from your vast repertoire of cool knowledge.
Those little dogs must have some real guts to go down a hole after badgers and the like.I really love that look you are getting from that sweet little pup,priceless...By my math that would make you about 110,dang you look good for your age Doug.You know back in biblical times people made it to 900+
years old,so by those standards you yourself are “just a pup”too.
Doug I truly hope all is well up in Gods country,say high to Nancy for me.
God Bless!
Matt