Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Steve. I can tell you from experience, that Chemo takes a few weeks to wear out of the system. The wife with her breast cancer , surgery and treatment, was sick, on and off, for about a month after chemo was stopped. So hang in there and keep enjoying getting out to work those weapons, even if someone does spray you with 5.56's.. Bill K

It's a dang shame I have to learn this from friends and not the Doctors. At first I thought the side effects were Nausea and some Fatigue that's it. Every visit or phone call when a symptom would show they would say "Oh yea that's a normal side effect". No one ever told me about all these things that could appear and how miserable it would be.

Your Wife sounds like a real Trooper Bill. This Cancer is a terrible thing but the treatments are even worse. I tell you I don't know how a Woman could endure the treatments. When this all started I was 218lbs, six foot two and all the fat on me wouldn't fill a Peanut Butter Jar. I was one tuff old cookie and could keep up with any of the Kids working on the Farm. How a Woman could endure these treatments is unbelievable. Tell her I would not want to tangle with her in a Wrist Wrestle because she would destroy me.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:00 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Steve:

There comes a time when the only thing you can do, is get out there
and do what you want to do and hell with the results. Try to enjoy all
you can. I'm glad to hear you're getting out and not sitting at home
just feeling sorry for yourself. That don't accomplish anything except
making you feel worse.
Cancer is a mighty hard battle to fight, and the doctors may just kill you first, it seems all they can do is more tests and practice with drugs, or more radiation.

I very much feel the tumor on my pancreas a year ago was most likely caused by all the CT's and xrays. I've been telling them: "if you guys don't kill me with radiation it's not because you haven't tried!" They don't like hearing that.

Wish you the best in your ordeal. Spring is here, so get out and enjoy it the best you can.

After the last four years it sure feels good for me to be getting out and working on things as I can. Sure would enjoy it more if it didn't hurt so much though. Just finished cleaning up a bunch of branches and mess from the wind and snow storms we've had. Stopped at the cemetery today to check things out and sure am glad that's not my yard! Crews all over the place moving tree droppings to the roadways. It'll take them a couple months to get the mess cleaned up and that's not even trimming tree's that need the broken stuff cut out. I do wish I still had access to that bucket truck I did in '06, just might go out there and start trimming on some of the tree's to help out.

Hang in there and go have some fun.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 05-04-2017, 06:59 AM
Supporting Member

Great talking to ya today, our best to the Mrs. and thank her for the call the other day. PM me an email address if ya wanna and I'll send ya some pics I took over on the Yellowstone south of Livingston this afternoon.
Be talking to ya.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:53 AM

Steve,
I had good results with Superformance powder with 68, 70 and 75 grain HPs.
Hodgdons data only goes up to 80 grain bullets for this powder.
Alway done well with H4895 and 85 gr. Gamekings.
Good luck,Ken.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:59 PM

Hi Steve,

I been thinking.. Seeing that gopher and prairie dog season is coming up, and shooting them is excellent therapy, possibly the best, I would like to offer to buy you a plane ticket to go shoot some.

Unfortunately, due to parenting, work and terrible logistics and travel time from Western Wa. I wouldn't be able to join you. However, I am confident that you can find one of the retired guys on the site here, that live closer to good shooting, and an airport, to do some shooting with you.

In six weeks the shooting should be good(if you can't get away before then). We could also get you a refundable/changeable ticket in case at that time you might not be feeling up to a trip.

Anyway, PM me if we can make this work. It would be my pleasure.

Neil
Old 05-05-2017, 02:40 AM

Good on you Neil........heck of a deal.

Hope you guys can work out a trip for Stevo.............no better therapy for sure.

What an awesome thing to see.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:29 PM
Supporting Member

I actually have a very good friend of mine ( Kindy Gartner Days) that works for United Airlines. He travels all over and I think he is in the customer service field. Not sure as he is always evasive when you ask what he does.

I am pretty sure he could get me a couple tickets. I promised some old Jarhead Marine in Boseman Montana I would take a trip out his way. From what he tells me they don't have a lot of P-Dogs by him but he has an even better challenge as they are half the size. Gophers. But if I can get out that way that is where I would go. Seems they broke a mold somewhere and half of it was him and the other half was me . Feel real sorry for the guy but him and his bride seem like nice people and he has a lot of nice Rifles

Thanks for the offer though. If things go good for me I may get a chance to shoot some of those critters with you some day.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Supporting Member

Dang it Neil I read that wrong. At the time I am a mess. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:42 AM

The offer is always open Steve. Take two trips. No one around here would ever criticize someone for making multiple vermin shooting trips

I was in Bozeman for one night last summer before going into Yellowstone. The hot springs were soothing and the Steaks and drinks were good at Stacys. My 7yo son was thrilled to be able to sit with me at the bar and drink root beers. (After a week camping with my 7yo son I was thrilled to be at a bar drinking)

People were a little standoffish of us at first( being from the left coast) but once they found out I was into guns and spend time shootin up around Havre with my gunsmith, they warmed right up to us - very friendly.