Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-14-2020, 01:38 AM

They just announced a 22 mag action and a trigger that is adjustable from .7oz- 2.8oz
Old 01-14-2020, 09:49 PM

Have a link by chance?!
Old 01-15-2020, 04:18 PM

$1770 for a barreled action. I am positive that it is a fantastic product, but even though I can afford it, that is way past what I would pay for one.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorepower View Post
$1770 for a barreled action. I am positive that it is a fantastic product, but even though I can afford it, that is way past what I would pay for one.
Yes, this has been what I have been trying to subtly hint at...Voodoo is expensive $$$$$ and I'm not hearing anything unique or ground breaking for the proposed action.

What innovations would their proposed new action have that makes it better than any of the established custom actions. If it features the same footprint as Rem 700 then the only potential improvements could be right-sized load/ejection ports, shortened bolt throw, or even 45 degree bolt throw. If it is a shortened bolt throw then it simply means that the bolt will be longer to offset the shorter case length. If the port are decreased size then there is just more steel left on the receiver.

I could see the value in delivering a custom mini-action receiver. To facilitate aftermarket component then design it to fit the footprint of the CZ527 or Howa Mini... aftermarket stocks/chassis and triggers are available.

Last edited by Oso Polaris; 01-15-2020 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:16 PM
Supporting Member

No matter what is introduced, it will appeal to some people and not to others. That's why everyone doesn't drive a Cadillac, for instance. For some its design, for others its price, etc. that appeals to them or doesn't. Totally expected for a new product.

That all said, this one at the link below interests me a lot more as it will be available in the future in 17 WSM. It too has a 700 footprint, and I currently own two Ruger 77/17 rifles in 17 WSM that shoot very well. I'm not a person who wants or needs an overly small action to match perfectly with any given small cartridge, but that's just me and I'm not a small person if that plays a part....?? This action appeals to me for the potential cartridge choice. If it means that I now have 3 17 WSM rifles at some point in the future, so be it.

https://www.rimxaction.com/?fbclid=I...YdiIkw84w7z7CI

I love the small Sako's and I realize that the short 700 is bigger than it might need to be for some small factory and wildcat cartridges, but if Remington or any other current rifle builder suddenly announced a new even shorter action for very small cartridges, I'd likely yawn and move on...... I tried the CZ rifles and never found any great advantage with them over other rifles/actions that I possess, but that's just me. I quickly moved on from CZ. The appeal to me for this action is the announced cartridge choice/s..........

Maybe that's why I don't drive a Cadillac even though some people might think that every one should.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 01-15-2020 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:34 PM

Talked to someone from Vudoo, I believe it was Mike Bush, over on another forum this morning and he said Vudoo has no interest in building anything 17 WSM so if you're wanting a Vudoo rifle it'll only be in 22LR, 22 WMR, and 17 HMR.

I like the idea of a high end custom 17 WSM build so hopefully Zermatt Arms is able to put something together with their new RIMX action. My only concern, is the 17 WSM ammo capable of justifying the cost of such a build. Only time will tell.

It'd be nice to have the option of something like this in 17 Hornet as well.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:35 PM

Kind of adding to BCB's comment. If everyone of us in the shooting sports had the same action and caliber, would it not be very boring ? Choices and likes are what makes our sport so inviting for so many. We all enjoy our choices and seem to always be looking for another. Bill K
Old 01-15-2020, 06:37 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
Talked to someone from Vudoo, I believe it was Mike Bush, over on another forum this morning and he said Vudoo has no interest in building anything 17 WSM so if you're wanting a Vudoo rifle it'll only be in 22LR, 22 WMR, and 17 HMR.

I like the idea of a high end custom 17 WSM build so hopefully Zermatt Arms is able to put something together with their new RIMX action. My only concern, is the 17 WSM ammo capable of justifying the cost of such a build. Only time will tell.
There is no doubt that the current ammo quality is the weak link and that it will hinder any new action design. But I like the 17 WSM enough that I might give one a try.

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Old 01-15-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou City Boy View Post
There is no doubt that the current ammo quality is the weak link and that it will hinder any new action design. But I like the 17 WSM enough that I might give one a try.

-BCB
Not sure I'd want to be the first to purchase one, but like yourself, I like the 17 WSM a lot and would be very interested in a high end 17 WSM build.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:24 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
Not sure I'd want to be the first to purchase one, but like yourself, I like the 17 WSM a lot and would be very interested in a high end 17 WSM build.

Oh, darn.......... I was hoping that you would dive in first and report on it here.

At the worst, I doubt that it will shoot any worse than any of the other current 17 WSM rifles available today. And probably not everyone on your block would own one.

-BCB