Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-01-2016, 02:51 AM

Default CZ 527 .221 Fireball

For those expressing interest in a CZ 527 in .221 Fireball, TSS Warehouse in Tooele, UT shows them as a 'new arrival' on their web page. Google for a link.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks for telling folks George. Not to try and get anyone to buy anything they don't need but I gotta say that my 527 American in .221 is one of the few bone stock rat smackers I shoot regularly. This little critter shoots so well with Accurate 1680 and 40 grain V-Max's that I could see no earthly reason to alter it even on those truly boring days. I always thought the .221 should be in a Rifle from the first XP100 I bought new in the box for about a $100.00, my 527 proved I was right all along. LOVE It .

Here's George's link to your new rifle .

http://tsswarehouse.com/shop/cz-527-...-cz-usa-03023/
Old 03-01-2016, 09:12 PM

Default Whittaker Guns - IN STOCK....

CZ 527 AMERICAN 221 FIREBALL 21.9" TURKISH (03023)
The CZ 527 American features a classic American pattern stock, a sporter-weight hammer forged barrel, a single set trigger and a recessed target crown. Made to be used with optics, rifle ships with 1″ steel scope rings.

$615.99
Old 03-01-2016, 11:32 PM

I wish they made the 221 or 17 Remington versions in left hand. I would like to get back into the 527s. My first ones were RH, which I got rid of to fund LH Rifles.

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:49 AM
Supporting Member

Looks like that short run a these that was talked about after the Shot Show is being released to a few lucky new owners .
Old 03-02-2016, 01:49 AM

Just pulled the trigger on one through Whittikar's!!!

Been wanting one for a while now...few years to be exact.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:19 AM

Doug, How much can you shoot that 221 american before the barrel heats up? I can shoot steady with my sav mod 25 17hh. But I think that the barrel is just a little heavier in the MOd 25 than the cz american, and the 17hh shoots a little cooler. Burt
Old 03-02-2016, 04:54 AM

Just put my money on one up here in Canada. $1149! Been waiting a few years for one.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:16 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburrell View Post
Doug, How much can you shoot that 221 american before the barrel heats up? I can shoot steady with my sav mod 25 17hh. But I think that the barrel is just a little heavier in the MOd 25 than the cz american, and the 17hh shoots a little cooler. Burt
Depends on the day, the ambient temp and the sun I suppose. Faster than a K-Hornet, less than a .223 or a .20 Tactical for sure and pretty close to a .17 MachIV/.17 Fireball I'd guess. Maybe better than them cause I'm running the same case with a bigger hole so there's less dwell time for the hot gasses. I always take a number of rifles with me so that's never seemed to be an issue with the .221, real close to the .20 VarTarg for sure.
There are a lotta variables in answer to that question but it's always felt like a round I could have fun with in an active colony without fretting over getting it to hot .
As to your .17 Hornet, you're burning a lot less powder in a smaller hole but the .17 Hornets probably allow a bit longer strings.
Not very precise but then it's a pretty subjective answer .
Old 03-02-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburrell View Post
I frankly never cared for the light, short barrel on my C-Z Fireball, even for light-duty groundhog shooting here. Grudgingly sold it for an LVSF and a Cooper; miss the set trigger, detachable mag - and price - of the C-Z, though. Wonder what the chances are of C-Z doing a special run with maple stocks and .221-chambered barrels from their (.22 centerfire) Lux models? Just dreaming...