Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-15-2017, 01:34 PM

Default Reason for loving the 20's

Posted a new photo into my album. Shows a target, the other day, where I sighted in my 20 SCC and 204 R, after putting new scopes on. The single high hole is the SCC bore sight shot, then dialed down too center. The next down single shot was the first bore sight shot with the 204R, then I dialed down to far and the lower hole was the second shot.
Then after dialing the 204R into center, I put five shots, with each rifle into the center dot ( 1/2 inch, by the way ) . So now both of these are ready to go.
Can you see why I and other's really enjoy the accuracy and fun of shooting the 20 calibers at little and some larger critters ? Bill K

Old 09-15-2017, 02:12 PM
Administrator

helped you out Bill...

you can insert the pic in your post if you copy the link from your album then hit this button then paste your link into the pop-up box.

Charlie

ps...good shootin'
Old 09-15-2017, 02:17 PM

Thank you Charlie. I will attempt it. But so far, my lack of PC knowledge seems too limit my getting my photo's to post, other than in my album. Will keep trying and playing. Bill K
Old 09-15-2017, 07:17 PM

Damn fine shoootin Bill
Old 09-15-2017, 07:36 PM

B-K.

What 204 rifle and what bullet/powder combo?

Jim D
SE Texas
Old 09-15-2017, 08:18 PM
Supporting Member

For me, the only thing maybe better than a good shooting 20 is an equally good shooting 17...... But I can't think of a single solitary reason to dislike either one......

JMO - BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 09-15-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift220 View Post
B-K.

What 204 rifle and what bullet/powder combo?

Jim D
SE Texas
Jack. Rifle is a Axis donor action, with a savage take off, bought from a site member, 26 inch blue steel, varmint contour. Weaver t36 scope, in a lami Boyd's stock. Load is 29.4 CFE 223 under a 32 grain z-max. Shooting bipod and rear bag. ( Load is safe in my rifle, you should start lower, if you try it)
BCB. I also shoot the 17 VHA and 17 HMR and you are right, a person must have both. They are just fun, fun, fun. Bill K
Old 09-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Jack. Rifle is a Axis donor action, with a savage take off, bought from a site member, 26 inch blue steel, varmint contour. Weaver t36 scope, in a lami Boyd's stock. Load is 29.4 CFE 223 under a 32 grain z-max. Shooting bipod and rear bag. ( Load is safe in my rifle, you should start lower, if you try it)
BCB. I also shoot the 17 VHA and 17 HMR and you are right, a person must have both. They are just fun, fun, fun. Bill K
They are indeed fun........ And they are like the potato chips. "No way you can eat just one................" of either bore diameter. I'm still looking for a Ruger 77 in 17 WSM to go with my Ruger 77 17 HMR, and I'm really not into rim fires that much....

As for the center fires, I can't remember when I didn't have at least one 17 CF and I have had 20 caliber CF rifles since the early 1990's. I even had a 20 Practical back then but I thought it was a 5MM-223. Go figure.....

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 09-16-2017, 02:00 AM

I actually started out with a 17-223 in a beautiful L451, in a sweet birdseye maple stock and shot that for about two years, it was a super nice rifle. But for some reason sold it and got away from the small calibers, went back to the 224 and 25's.
Then about three years ago, went back in with the 17m2 and that lead to a 20 VT, which lead to the 20Scc, 20 tac, 20 practical and 204 R.
Now I opened the 20 practical to the 40 degree shoulder ( 20-223AI) and seem to shoot the 20Scc the most, with the backups being the AI and 204.
All super fun. Bill K
Old 09-16-2017, 09:44 AM
Board Sponsor

Seems to me that target speaks more of the shooter than the platform or caliber. Darn fine shootin'!
http://shop.reedsammo.com Online store
info@reedsammo.com