Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-14-2018, 05:13 PM

Default CZ 527 - Comparison of 2 Types of Kevlar Stock

Does anyone have experience shooting both stocks? I have the Varmint (more traditional style). I am interested in how the Target Varmint stock compares ... how does it fit/feel?

Last edited by Oso Polaris; 05-14-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:52 AM
Supporting Member

I don't think they make the lower one, do they?

I have 2 of them and they fit us well, look silly but function is all I care about.

I would buy another if I could find one, actually posted here a year or so ago hoping to find one.

Allen
Old 05-15-2018, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Polaris View Post

Does anyone have experience shooting both stocks? I have the Varmint (more traditional style). I am interested in how the Target Varmint stock compares ... how does it fit/feel?
I noticed you just bought the one on Gunbroker. Congrats! You did well. I had one just like it but sold the 223 barreled action out of it, kept the stock, and replaced it with a 17 Hornet barreled action . You will like the palm swell and how that stock rides the bags with the flat fore-end. With the set trigger, it's a lot of fun for thinning out the local ground squirrel population. Mine is the HS Precision version (IIRC - Bell and Carlson made a run of these as well) and is very well made with the aluminum bedding block. It's my go-to bench varmint gun for shots less than ~250 yards!

I've never seen a CZ with the second stock in person so I can't offer any feedback on that one.

Last edited by ben lurkin; 05-15-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:19 AM
Supporting Member

Ouch, I see B&C has the lower one for $271, I think I got mine for less from CZ when they still produced guns with them. Both versions are the same price!
Old 05-15-2018, 01:57 AM

I converted a CZ 527 American into a 300 Blackout (before CZ decided to offer the rifle chambered in 300BO). I bought the B&C Varmint Stock from James Calhoun and had him machine in some barrel vents. I think I paid a little over $400 after shipping. It wasn't cheap, but the rifle turned out nice and looks good.

The only CZ purchase that I made and didn't fall in love with is a CZ 527 Royal. I changed out the stock to an American and it became tolerable. I keep meaning to get rid of it or convert it.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben lurkin View Post
I noticed you just bought the one on Gunbroker. Congrats! You did well. I had one just like it but sold the 223 barreled action out of it, kept the stock, and replaced it with a 17 Hornet barreled action . You will like the palm swell and how that stock rides the bags with the flat fore-end. With the set trigger, it's a lot of fun for thinning out the local ground squirrel population. Mine is the HS Precision version (IIRC - Bell and Carlson made a run of these as well) and is very well made with the aluminum bedding block. It's my go-to bench varmint gun for shots less than ~250 yards!

I've never seen a CZ with the second stock in person so I can't offer any feedback on that one.
Barrel is stamped 2005, so it might be a HS Precision made stock... I wonder how you can tell the difference between HS and B&C?
Old 05-15-2018, 02:15 AM

Mine has "H-S Precision" molded into the recoil pd.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben lurkin View Post
Mine has "H-S Precision" molded into the recoil pd.
Thanks - that is a convenient way to distinguish them.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:58 AM

Default Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

The CZ 527 Varmint that I recently bought off Gunbroker is a 2003 vintage with a serial number in the 300's, and it is sporting a HS Precision stock. I sighted it in using my standard AR15 reloads (55gr Hornady), and it grouped 6 rounds under a dime.. so much for this rifle being a donor for a .20 cal build!!!

Seems like it is time to sell the CZ 527 Royal or use it as the donor.

As far as stock comparison the HS Precision and Bell&Carlson are identical in size/dimension and exterior finish. My two kevlar rifles are identical in appearance.

Last edited by Oso Polaris; 05-20-2018 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Polaris View Post
The only CZ purchase that I made and didn't fall in love with is a CZ 527 Royal. I changed out the stock to an American and it became tolerable. I keep meaning to get rid of it or convert it.
Ha! I’ve also had a Royal, for something like about 10 years or so. BEAUTIFUL, but yeah that stock is just ... challenging to shoot well.
But that spiral barrel, man how can you consider yanking that off and pitching it?

I have looked around occasionally on & off for years at getting another stock for that rifle. Choices are limited.