Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 07-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in VA View Post
Just talked to Rob Bear at Cooper Firearms and asked if they would supply a list of Coopers suggested load data for cartridges that they chamber for. He seemed delighted to supply this info for us, but would take a few days for him to get all the info together.
From what I was told they actually had HSM make their ammo.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:38 AM

I believe these are the loads Cooper uses to test their rifles.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:08 AM
Supporting Member

In the phone conversation I had with Rob he said these are the loads that worked best for them in their rifles. Extensive testing was done on every caliber they normally chambered for. If someone had their own reamer or that someone requested a chamber they don’t usually chamber for, they would fire the rifle for function and not try to see what load recipe worked best. According to Rob these loads are safe and accurate in Cooper unaltered rifles. He also added that tweaking could yield a tad more accuracy in an individuals rifle.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:35 AM
Supporting Member

Interesting that the .17rem load they use is .5 gr lower then the starting load in Hodgdon's manual for the H335 powder. Humm! Never considered H335 for this case but might have to try it.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:41 AM
Supporting Member

Yes I see what you mean. I also thought it was peculiar that the load data for the 17MkIV and the 17 Javelin were identical. I have no experience with the Javelin but it does use a longer case. Also the load difference between the 17 Remington and the two previously mentioned cartridges is only a half grain more using same powder and bullet.

Before I posted this info I had friends and family double check and triple check the info I had written up with the Xerox copy Rob had sent me. So I’m positive the info posted here is as Rob sent it to me.

If anyone finds any of the load data is in question as far as safety, please let me know so I may correct or remove it.

Larry
Old 07-28-2009, 03:18 AM

I've been in contact with Mike Hudguns concerning my new Jackson Hunter 25-06AI. When asked about the load used for their test target he advised they used 50 grains of Reloader 22 under a Sierra 120GR HPBT. That is far different from the posted load. He also informed me he wasn't allowed to release min/max loads. Fifty grains of Re-22 in the AI is pretty conservative.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Supporting Member

Just got my Model 21 in 17 remington back from fixing the bolt stop and getting her to shoot. They now use HSM amm, 20 Vmax ( I just got a 50 rd box) and she shot 2 groups sub 0.100", guess the shooter (G.S.) was so happy with the work he would verify it with 2 groups.

Got the scope mounted and hope to try and duplicate the targets tomorrow.

Great service, good gun. I put a Jard 10 oz trigger in it to help ME shoot it better.

Allen
Old 06-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Supporting Member

Default Cooper M22 TRP 22 BR

Factory Loaded with 28gr of Benchmark, col 1.565 . Found this out today.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:05 PM

larry and all- my wife bought me a cooper $1,442.00 for a 17 mach 4 for Christmas. it had no rings [picked up at Sioux city scheels, but came out of a Lincoln ne. sheels. they come with rings! the idiot from Lincoln [I presume] left the rear windage [left to right for lining up and centering scope at rear base and he screwed the screw screws in tight against the receiver sides leaving ''crescent shape'' imprints permanently forced by the screws head. I took it back. I wanted a pristine gun, if anybody is gonna give it 'character marks' on a $1400 + NEW rifle at msrp, it's me. so they send it to cooper as they said they would take care of it. that is when the b.s. games begin. now we PAID for this gun . cooper kept promising both scheels and me 'you'll have it in 2 weeks'. after numerous contacts FOR OVER 6 MO'S!. scheels wouldn't refund me as they didn't [?] trust cooper. after about 8 or 10 lies, I told cooper to stick their gun where the sun don't shine but they wouldn't refund me. assholes. old dan trained 'em good. that was the last factory gun, all custom now. I wouldn't recommend a cooper rifle to Obama. that is bad. FINALLY I get a refund. then scheels wouldn't cash their own check. they said they didn't carry that much in a store that is packed with customers and no cash. b.s.!
Old 07-13-2016, 06:45 PM

Honest Hop, truly sorry to hear of your troubles. That being said, all of my dealings with Cooper Firearms have been very positive. Questions answered and promises delivered. I only have two of their rifles but, one was built for me and required two-way communication and up dates over the phone. As for cashing the check, I have never been in a box store that would hand over that kind of cash. Regardless, I am sorry this experience was not a happy one for you.