Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-16-2020, 10:46 PM

Default CIL model 171

Anyone know where I can find information about this rifle. I know it's rimfire but..... I'm sure there is more than one of you guys that have worked on them.
I have one and the trigger is just over 6 lbs. (yikes!) and I would like to get that down more than a wee bit. Could partly be dirt and/or grime but really hesitant to take it apart without any info or diagrams to work with. Being as it is the trigger I want to work on it'll have springs - me and springs don't get along. They fly out before I get a chance to see where and how it was sitting. I can't seem to find anything about them. Found a cross over list but it wasn't on there. Any help, Anyone?
Old 06-16-2020, 11:55 PM

Take the action out of the stock and give it a good dose of lighter fluid to clean and lube it...…………..
Old 06-17-2020, 01:31 AM

Yeah I did that..... think I need to take it to the shop and use some air too. I am thinking it might have to come apart to clean up the surfaces on the trigger. I forgot to mention this rifle has sat for close to eight years, maybe not quite but a while in any case