Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2018, 11:19 PM

Staying cool down this end of the globe, hit -5 last week last few nights have got down to around 0, but they are C temperatures, not your F Temps, max during the day is around 18. Perfect weather.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:40 PM

Yes - anything from 5 to 18 is nice. I do like weather where AI have to wear a sweater. It's easy to take it off if it get hot, like 21C - about 72F I think.
Got the trailer plugged in and if it gets too hot here in the basement, or I want to read, I set the air-con. at about 18/19 and just sit out in the trailer.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:53 AM

70 degrees and sunny here in Mukilteo WA. Summers are beautiful here, but there is noticeably more congestion than winter.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:01 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

99 here again Monday, not so much today but, the
smoke from the Spring fire 130 miles SW is still blowing over.
Got real bad with smoke this evening. Cousin said there's another one
west of here about 30 miles. I thought sure it was grass fire west of town.
Out near where Rider lives. He couldn't tell anything other than really smokey.

BillK: Fires in your area again too, right?

Long time buddy has a 1/4 mil "hunting cabin" in the Spring fire area. Paper this morning said: 104 homes had burned, 60 some untouched. Gary thinks his place will be ok. Re: metal roof, much of the outside wall is concrete. He's cleared the brush and most of the tree's off for quite a distance. No way to find out for sure until the fires out and go take a looksee. He lives here in town, goes up there in summer to enjoy the mtns and hunting season.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 07-04-2018, 04:23 AM

Default Stay cool fellows

My area has had some small fires, so far the crews have got on them and controlled, one home owner did lose his entire home.. However south and west of my area others are not so fortunate, a couple of pretty good fires, out of hand and causing trouble. And on the Nevada side a they have had several, some still going and causing major damage. Think this year is going to be a bad fire season. Bill K
Old 07-04-2018, 05:08 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Sure is dry in the west this year.
I believe the paper said this Spring fire was; 67,000 acres
or such. Quite a bunch of beetle killed pines. IF it was up to me
I'd let it burn, just try to save the homes.

Yep, sure going to be a fire season for the records.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 07-04-2018, 12:42 PM

Been running hot and humid here in western Pa. Temperatures in the 90's with high dew points, the feel like temperature for today is predicted to hit 105. Been taking the dog for early morning walks, then back to the AC with an occasional gin & tonic for refreshment.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Supporting Member

Crazy how different locations vary so much. Last night it was (No Kidding) 35 degrees when I hit the rack and Nancy was scared the flowers were gonna get frost bit . You could see every star in the sky.
It's 10:15 right now a its 62 degrees under more cloudless skies .
It's been a really dry winter and spring for some a you fellas and we had record snow-pack last winter in most near all the various river drainage's, the rivers are still bank high or higher and are the color of chocolate milk yet. We are still getting flood warnings on the warmer days due to the snow-pack melting off to fast.
Happy 4th to all of ya and here's hoping ya all get exactly the weather ya need for the rest of the summer .
Old 07-05-2018, 02:19 AM

Red face Gee.....thanks Doug!

Yesterday, again, it was 105 degrees F and 26% humidity here.

I shouldn't complain though........in 2010 we had 100 days of hundred degree(or higher) temperatures. During that time, at least once, the overnight LOW was 89 degrees F. Heck.......during that summer, the ground water was so warm that you could take a comfortable shower.......using ONLY the knob marked "C".

So, yeah.........I keep a spare A/C compressor.

Kevin
Old 07-05-2018, 03:56 AM
Supporting Member

The Houston area had a sub-tropical rain event today and the temp never got above 82. Some places near downtown got 7-8" with localized street flooding in about 5 hours of moderate to heavy rainfall.

All that curtailed some 4th of July celebrations in the area, but it cleared up in the early evening and tonight the sky was full of stars and fireworks. Currently 76 degrees and headed for low 70's for the night time temps. We got home about an hour ago and the A/C just came on for the first time since being home. Spring has sprung in reverse........!! Tomorrow it will all change again, however, as temps are supposed to be low to mid 90's with lots of sunshine.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine