Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-20-2021, 07:35 PM

Default CZ 527 safety removal

I bought a used CZ 527 and there is a bit of rust around the safety parts. I cannot figure out how to remove them from the receiver to inspect it. I have the trigger and sear removed, but can't figure out this last part. Has anyone removed these parts? If so, how did you do it?
Old 03-21-2021, 04:04 PM
Supporting Member

Pull up the Youtube videos of the bolt take down and trigger etc. Far easier than trying to decipher a typed explanation. Picture truly is worth a thousand words.
Old 03-21-2021, 05:50 PM

I tried that too and could not find anything which details the parts on the receiver. If you know of a specific video I missed let me know which one.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:42 PM
Supporting Member

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/cz527.pdf

This is the owners manual, there is a very good schematic that shows how all the receiver parts go together. I could not find the youtube video I ahd seen earlier.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:23 PM

I've never messed with the safety on any of my 527's but I did completely remove the trigger on one them to polish everything and putting it back together had it challenging moments. It wasn't super difficult but there were times I wished I had a third hand.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/cz527.pdf

This is the owners manual, there is a very good schematic that shows how all the receiver parts go together. I could not find the youtube video I ahd seen earlier.
Thanks for the info. There is no hole in receiver to drive out a pin from the other side. I am still scratching my head at how to get it apart. It's probably very simple, like myself
Old 03-25-2021, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
I've never messed with the safety on any of my 527's but I did completely remove the trigger on one them to polish everything and putting it back together had it challenging moments. It wasn't super difficult but there were times I wished I had a third hand.
I agree with you. What sadistic person put that tiny spring behind the trigger. I cussed so much trying to get it to stay while I reassembled everything that my 4 year old asked me to go outside with him and take a walk. Out of the mouths of babes, right?
Old 03-25-2021, 04:43 AM
Supporting Member

218, I watch Eddie take mine apart and put it back in. It was pretty easy for him but for the life of me I can't remember what he did. Maybe he'll see this and reply. As for the small spring, a small spot of grease will hold it in place till you get it all back together.

Last edited by ray h; 03-25-2021 at 04:45 AM. Reason: wrong word
Old 03-25-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 218bee View Post
I agree with you. What sadistic person put that tiny spring behind the trigger. I cussed so much trying to get it to stay while I reassembled everything that my 4 year old asked me to go outside with him and take a walk. Out of the mouths of babes, right?
You noticed I said I only took the trigger apart on ONE of my CZ 527's. lol

Kind of funny because James Calhoon, who is a real character to chat with anyway, had told me the triggers can be a bit tricky and a PITA to reinstall, only James words were considerably more colorful than mine, but I went ahead and took it all apart anyway. They aren't really, that, bad but it's certainly not as simple/easy as putting the trigger back in a Rem 700.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
218, I watch Eddie take mine apart and put it back in. It was pretty easy for him but for the life of me I can't remember what he did. Maybe he'll see this and reply. As for the small spring, a small spot of grease will hold it in place till you get it all back together.
Thank you for the tip on applying the grease.