Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-18-2020, 07:56 AM

Default Remington 700 SPS Varmint 17 Fireball Value

I have a lightly used Remington 17 Fireball SPS Varmint in great condition (maybe 200 rounds fired through it). It has a Riflebasix trigger, and in addition to the factory black vented stock, it is currently mounted in a Boyd's brown laminated thumbhole stock. I also have four boxes of Remington factory ammo, and two, 100-count bags of Remington brass.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a ballpark figure about what this package might be worth. I'm not sure I'm going to sell it - just thinking about it at this point. Thanks!

Last edited by castafly; 11-18-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:08 PM

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/882553409

Sold 11/01/2020

Base price, add ons probably worth a hundred more.

Last edited by Hog Patrol; 11-18-2020 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:04 PM

Sporting and target firearms at this time, I think is a buyers market. I have bought bolt action varmint,target and sporting rifles for less than I could 2-3 years ago.
Home defense and high capacity rigs, well we all know where there at, at this time.
It doesn’t eat or crap on the floor, I will keep mine before I take a beating on anything.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:46 PM
Supporting Member

There is no doubt that Model 700 rifles are a bit scarce after the bankruptcy, but I still see them on shelves near me. This is a pretty typical price, too........

Having 17 FB stamped on the barrel might add a bit of value, but no ~$1K worth, IMO.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...rifle/p/p47722

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 11-18-2020, 02:36 PM

I guess if you can get over $1,000.00 go for it. But really I believe the reasonable price would be around 700.00 at the most.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by castafly View Post
I have a lightly used Remington 17 Fireball SPS Varmint in great condition (maybe 200 rounds fired through it). It has a Riflebasix trigger, and in addition to the factory black vented stock, it is currently mounted in a Boyd's brown laminated thumbhole stock. I also have four boxes of Remington factory ammo, and two, 100-count bags of Remington brass.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a ballpark figure about what this package might be worth. I'm not sure I'm going to sell it - just thinking about it at this point. Thanks!
I would put it on gunbroker and put a starting bid of $1700 on it. With your extra brass, ammo and stock, you should get close to $2k.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Patrol View Post
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/882553409

Sold 11/01/2020

Base price, add ons probably worth a hundred more.
$1400 and this was only two weeks ago. You have a Boyds stock also. Ammo is $25+ a box and the brass, when its around is not cheap either. I would start at $1000, and probably will get much more.