Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-21-2014, 02:30 AM

yeah i believe that the barrel is correct because if it were down anymore the bolt would not close i am guessing. i sure hope the new mag takes care of it and thats the end of it cause i love the rifle it shoots 39 gr. sierra blitzkings like a dream and also the 35 gr. bergers. i am thinking just for a test to take the follower and wrap some electrical tape around the from of it to raise the front of the rounds up. i have messed with the feed lips a little and it didn't do much and i can't open them up anymore cause the end of the round will shoot up prematurely and will jam that way too. i guess worst case scenario i can load three rounds with ballistic tip bullets and it usually chambers just fine but no go on the HP's. it i could get three rounds for either i would be just fine and live with it. yeah i don't think the smith either cared or didn't know what to do or was too much work for him haha. probably won't go to him again for anything.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:57 AM

Well i got the new magazine from Savage and the rifle feeds fine now with ballistic tip bullets…haven't tried any hollow points since i don't have any loaded but overall I'm happy i can get something to feed in this thing.

Tags
204 ruger, detachable magazine, feeding, problems