Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2007, 12:47 AM

Default New question on 20 caliber tip bullets

from what i understand a 40-50 grain will stabilize in a 1 in 9 barrel twist. a 52-57 will stabilize in a 1 in 8. i'm hoping that a 60 grain will stabilize in a 1 in 8 or hopefully a 1 in 7 1/2. bullet coefficiency in a 60 grain ballistic tip should be somewhere in coefficiency of 520-530. i think that a 50-57 grain will be somewhere around 480 to 500. i shoot lilja barrels. i have had very good luck with the 3 groove but i also understand on the more rpm that a 5 groove is more forgiving on jackets. so speed should be no more than 3100 to 3250. this should be plenty to make them work. i'm really interested in a tip bullet because its more coefficient. i'm interested to test the cupped base on this. when i get this up and running anyone that is interested in testing my new bullets, i will be more than glad to send them some to test for free. everyone on here seems to be really supportive of eachother and very helpful and believe you me, i'll need plenty of help. i'm hoping to shoot a 52-60 in a 20 br or a 20 dasher 26 inch barrel. please if anyone has any thoughts on what i'm starting to do please feel free to give me advice. i'm hoping by the middle of summer i will have enough of different sized bullets to put on the market to sale. but as i say first bullets that i make, anyone that wants some to test i will send them. i thank everyone very much for you support
Jamie