Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-11-2014, 05:06 PM

Nice Dean! Always been on my list of things to do. The bow going to be he same after this round of flooding?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks everyone but it should be noted that I have some very good role models HERE to help me be a better dad and help hand down our sport to the next generation! It’s been a fun ride for sure!

[/url]

I'm happy to report that Jaden has had good test results (he has to o to Boston semi annually) and will be shorter than what he was supposed to be from the radiation he had to take at age 5.

[/url]

Unfortunately life took another turn for them and he lost his father in a car accident

[/url]

My son who is now in college, Jaden and his brother

[/url]

Fortunately I do have this one photo of my sis and her husband before the accident and the boys one day when I took them out to shoot PDs. Jaden is standing with my sis. My sons all shaved their heads during this time period.

Last edited by GLWenzl; 01-15-2014 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Supporting Member

Last post, and again sorry for all the pictures.

[/url]

my kids were once young and we had fun

[/url]

they are all growing up and we still have fun

[/url]

if i had it to do all over i would put more trust in God and have more kids!

My dad taught how to hunt and be safe with a gun. he wouldn’t allow me to shoot a 22rf on my own until I was 12. After that it took a big turn and he taught me how to reload, I had a gunny sack full of AAs and another full of S&W 12 ga hulls… it wasn’t until I come here and you guys taught me how to do things beyond my imagination!!!

My memories of hunting (especially quail) and shooting are so awesome but they are nothing compared to raising six kids! I have been Blessed
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 PM

I agree with you Gary. You are blessed!
Families are everything. I don't post much but Gary has inspired me so I'll post some pics. It is fun to get to know, and then get to put some faces with.

Here's a few.

I like this one with Red Ridinhood and her granny best.

Performance-Rifles.com
Old 01-11-2014, 10:18 PM

A few fun times with my boys and grandsons.

Performance-Rifles.com
Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 AM

Great pics guys--nice to see so many taking kids/family out. That's been one of my most rewarding pastimes over the years too.

Couple years ago with my 17 FB XP--

Luckiest shot I ever made (and probably ever will)--

This was a Philippines rat hunt with my nephews I organized in the Bicol province 14 hrs. south of Manila by jeepney (my wife's home). Took me 4 trips over before I finally got the hunt figured out. Haven't been doing much shooting activities stateside lately as my focus has been airgunning and rimfire stuff over there--

That's an improvised Eskopeta airgun/2X Barska pistol scope the whole works held together with rope that shot lights out...somehow. Gawd it was fun though!

Last edited by sshcoyote; 01-14-2014 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshcoyote View Post
Great pics guys--nice to see so many taking kids/family out. That's been one of my most rewarding pastimes over the years too.

This was a Philippines rat hunt with my nephews I organized in the Bicol province 14 hrs. south of Manila by jeepney (my wife's home). Took me 4 trips over before I finally got the hunt figured out. Haven't been doing much shooting activities stateside lately as my focus has been airgunning and rimfire stuff over there--

That's an improvised Eskopeta airgun/2X Barska pistol scope the whole works held together with rope that shot lights out...somehow. Gawd it was fun though!
I spent over a year at Sanley Point/Cavite in P.I. in the late 60's, those rats would have been considered minnows compared to the ones I was seeing. Of course a few bottles of San Miguel may not have helped my eye sight any either.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:18 PM

Hey Jim--on this particular hunt I was assigned the protector of the bottle of Emperador Brandy I had to buy. Gawd I hate that stuff. Fun times over there though--1:45 exchange rate and all now. Goin' again this March.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshcoyote View Post
Hey Jim--on this particular hunt I was assigned the protector of the bottle of Emperador Brandy I had to buy. Gawd I hate that stuff. Fun times over there though--1:45 exchange rate and all now. Goin' again this March.
Exchange was an offical 1:4, out in town it was 1:10. The local rum for 10 cents a bottle, only bought one. Did have some fun there but lucky I came home with a liver. Also had a typo in first post. Should have read Sangley Point.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_bentley View Post
I want an update on this guy, last I checked there was more grey in that hair......

Adam
undoubtedly... that was 3+ years!

ML