Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2023, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
qwk: can you back that up with some facts?

What I missed in that letter was not a word on warranty work on
past products. I expect when a company is sold they should be
required to service such needs.

Of course that's My Opinion.

I wish him and his organization all the best wishes.
There was/is a lot of info on cooper’s Facebook page comments. I do know when I drove by last September, the place was deserted, and it looked like they were out if Business. The Cooper sign was even gone.

I’m betting current owners with problems are SOL. Nighthawk is dodging questions left and right. Not a good sign.
Old 01-06-2023, 02:58 PM

One thing, if the new company and it's move to Ar goes downhill and such, as some are posting concerns about.
Those that have the older/original Coopers, have a gold mine in their possession.
Old 01-06-2023, 03:14 PM

One thing one can bank on is a massive price increase on whatever they offer. Just look at Defiance.
Old 01-06-2023, 04:05 PM

Reminds me a little like when Kimber of Oregon folded up.
Bob
Old 01-06-2023, 06:34 PM

Well, if Cooper folded up last year its a good thing someone bought them out. Without that there is ZERO change anyone could get a gun repaired by the factory or that they would make the classic rifles that you guys like. I'd bet there is likely going to be a price increase. But what hasn't gone up in price? If they don't make money they won't be able to keep the doors open either.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:01 PM

quite a few Coopers listed at First Stop Guns SD. Couple model 38. some high priced some not to bad
Old 01-07-2023, 03:36 AM

Cool

I don't believe that I will consider buying anymore Coopers. Some time ago, when I tried calling Cooper (this was maybe 2 years ago), I kept getting a menu system and you could not really reach a person, I thought it was odd. It did not used to be that way. Maybe that is when the shit started hitting the fan.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:20 PM

Default Cooper

I have a number of them. I've always had great service. The last time was early summer finished Sept 22.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:14 AM

Is this Mark Stone originally from North Carolina?
Old 01-08-2023, 01:22 PM

Default Future hopes for Cooper

I sure hope they continue to develop and improve the business they bought. As an LLC business that was sold, the new owners may be insulated against many things, especially if an LLC aquired them.

Cooper rifles are fine collectables, and were generally very well respected. Why they went bankrupt or failed is another matter.
I don't think I would move from Montana to go to Arkansas myself. So in my opinion the company is actually dead because it doesn't take the people with it who used to manufacture in Montana. Only time will tell whether or not Cooper arms are actually still worth what they used to be. I wish the new owners the very best and hope they don't screw up Cooper.

https://www.picpa.org/articles/cpa-n...llcs-and-asset

This may not actually work the same in Arkansas as in Texas, or Montana. The impact is that the old Cooper Arms, while aquired may still be required to honor the warranties of owners of firearms manufactured by Cooper Arms in Montana.

In many states, a charging order is the creditor’s exclusive remedy. For example, Texas Business Organization Code § 101.112(d) provides:

The entry of a charging order is the exclusive remedy by which a judgment creditor of a member or of any other owner of a membership interest may satisfy a judgment out of the judgment debtor’s membership interest

This means that the creditor is limited to any distributions that would otherwise be made to the debtor-member. The creditor may not seize the debtor-member’s interest in the LLC or participate in the management and operations of the LLC.

https://www.fortenberrylaw.com/charging

Hopefully the new owner doesn't try to hide behind this. But it would not surprise me.

Last edited by 17tbs; 01-08-2023 at 01:25 PM.