Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2023, 01:11 AM

Default WTS-218 Bee Brass formed for 17caliber

A little bit of history on this brass. I owned a 17 HeBee and a 17 Ackley Bee. Have since parted ways with both. This brass is new virgin brass that I sent off to Todd Kindler to form. He formed it and sent it back to me. I then annealed it. Have not done anything with it since. Total of 112 pieces of brass. This is ready to be fire formed into either the 17 HeBee or the 17 Ackley Bee. Maybe even some other wildcats. It wasn't cheap to ship it off to Todd and put the work into it. I'm asking $140 shipped to your door for it.
Old 01-23-2023, 06:59 AM

Default Your Bee Brass

Hey there!
Yeah, I have a nice little carbine Contender HeBee and could probably use a little more brass to go with it. If it wouldn't be too much to ask, I'd be curious about the method you used for annealing the stuff. Most folks just use a propane flame and rotate the brass until they see a glow or their Tempilstick/Tempillaq melts. Only a very few use an induction annealer. Many don't anneal enough of the shoulder or they get carried away and soften the whole thing. Did you test hardness, and if so, what were your results? Yeah, I understand ... it's an imperfect world ...!
Thanks!
Jerry
villagelightsmith
Old 01-24-2023, 12:26 AM

Jerry, thanks for the questions. It's been so long ago I can't remember if I annealed this stuff myself or sent it to my buddy that has one of those fancy annealeeze machines. I fire formed roughly 100 pcs out of this batch of brass I had Todd form. I can't remember having a single one split on me. I fire formed them all to HeBee. I think I held on to these pcs to form into Ackley Bee and just lost interest in the Bee wildcats. Still have a 218 Mashburn Bee. But the only 17 I have is a 17 Tactical that I built last year. It's a fun one. Sorry I can't be much more help.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:10 PM

My blunder, 20VarTarg; and my apologies! I was in a bit of a brain fog and failed to make the obvious connection, plainly stated, that Todd Kindler did the forming. It should have been as plain to me as a bumblebee marching up and down on the inside of my eyeglasses! Color me stupid ... call it a Senior Face-Plant. Wishing you all the best. I now have an electro-whizz-bang annealer that I've never used, and I'm getting fuzzy to the point that I should probably have a major sale or gifting party and forget about the whole thing.
Old 01-26-2023, 02:21 PM

Default 218 bee

do you have any 218 bee brass?
Old 01-26-2023, 10:40 PM

Default 218 Bee Brass

I have 2 opened blue bags of 218 Bee Brass. Each bag contains 101 pcs of brass. I also have a ziplock bag that contains 100 pcs of brass. This is all new virgin W-W Super Brass. Would like to sell the whole lot to one person. Price has sky rocketed on this stuff recently. Just go look at the ended auctions on GB with bids. WOW. Gonna try to keep this stuff some what affordable for someone. $460 shipped to your door/insured!
Old 02-01-2023, 11:03 PM

Default 218 Bee

This formed 17 Bee brass is now SOLD. The 218 Bee Brass will hit GunBroker at 8:30 tonight. It is priced to sell. Go check it out!