Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 07-08-2022, 10:02 AM

Default WTB Pbike case forming dies

Looking to see if anyone has a set of these they no longer want, or even if someone knows if these are still available?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-08-2022, 01:00 PM
Supporting Member

I don't know whether any of those dies are currently available but Paul makes his stuff in batches when he has a little time away from his crazy work schedule. Best thing would be to contact him or his Dad, Frances, through accurateshooter.com. Paul goes by pbike and Frances goes by uthinkuknow, so give that a try. BTW, what are you planning to form?
Old 07-08-2022, 05:58 PM

Default Dies

Many thanks for the suggestions on contacting him. Appreciate your help. Bowfisher and I are working on a slightly altered and necked down to 20 caliber version off the TCM case. Will share our progress as things move along.
Old 07-09-2022, 12:47 PM
Supporting Member

You mean like my 20 MGM? 22 TCM necked down to 20 with no other alterations. Load and shoot.
Was working on a 20 VT "short" till I stumbled onto the 22 TCM. One pass down to 20 and it's ready to load. Dummy round for specs got me my custom cut reamer. And the Pbike forming dies work like a dream.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:04 PM
Supporting Member

You will need an extended shell holder for that short case. I thought about doing something like this before doing my 22SJ but was concerned about brass quality. With what you are doing you can use any brass that you want if you have the form dies. What are you going to use for a sizing die?
Old 07-09-2022, 01:06 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
You mean like my 20 MGM? 22 TCM necked down to 20 with no other alterations. Load and shoot.
Was working on a 20 VT "short" till I stumbled onto the 22 TCM. One pass down to 20 and it's ready to load. Dummy round for specs got me my custom cut reamer. And the Pbike forming dies work like a dream.
What load do you shoot in the 20 MGM? And what kind of performance are you getting?
Old 07-09-2022, 03:25 PM

Default Forming

Got several extended shellholders and yes I believe also that they will be required.
We are using parent 22 TCM brass as we both acquired a sizable amount of the non nickel plated cases prior to plated being the main offering. Nor Cal’s project of a simple neck down seems far more sensible than our route. Ours is getting a 40 degree shoulder with body/shoulder junction remaining in same area as original brass. This will give us a slightly longer neck but will require neck turning. Probably will look very much like Ray’s ‘20 Boomer’ when all the dust settles. Once formed and turned, we hope this case will hardly ever need trimmed. My goal is to get the 24 NTX Hornady to 3,500 fps safely or the 32 grain v max to 3,350-3,400 safely and accurately. Once a handful of cases can be formed, turned, and fire formed then off to Whidden Gunworks for a custom bushing die.
Old 07-10-2022, 02:48 PM
Supporting Member

SLOW on the uptake. No hurry on my end. Loaded ammo to fire form. Thinking 9.5 to 10 grains of AA2230 for starters.
All "brass" is 22 TCM from Ammo Supply Warehouse.
Don't bother to check FPS. Don't expect anything to out run it.
Tried making brass from "whatever", didn't like the finished product THEN stumbled onto the 22 TCM from ASW. Never looked back.
40 Gr V Max, CCI BR SR Primers, custom made full length and seater from Whidden Gunworks.
Couple of folks used my reamer print to get their dies.

Did have to send the dies back to Whidden with dummy rounds cause the seater didn't "reach" the bullet?? They fixed it.

Last edited by Nor Cal Mikie; 07-10-2022 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2022, 04:46 PM

M595Nut if you need paul(pbike) email address i have it.
Old 07-10-2022, 05:05 PM
Supporting Member

M595NUT, I sent you a PM.